301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

The link to renderings posted by @Will is now dead. Looked through portfolio on Cline’s site but couldn’t find 301H project anywhere. No idea what the significance of this might be.

http://www.clinedesignassoc.com/projects/301-hillsborough-st

3 Likes

It’s been wiped from their site. Interesting that it show up no where else in Raleigh permits or site plan submissions. Perhaps they jumped the gun putting it on their site.

1 Like

But it’s here at the dtraleigh community for posterity. :wink:

7 Likes

I do know that the developer is revising his site plans ! JMO , wondering if he has changed designer firms !

2 Likes

Well the site plan would definitely need to be resubmitted even if the recent rendering posted is the latest. The site plan reviewed by the city was still the 2016 version submitted by Lundy Group.

1 Like

Probably revising to make the building taller. :grinning:

6 Likes

I’ve seen renderings be mistakingly published before…I think Raleigh Architecture had that happen once on the Icehouse site…

1 Like

Looking closer at those rendering image files, looks like the files were date stamped 9.22.2015. So, probably something conceptual that architect did to try to win the project? And maybe why they had to take it down once the developer started getting questions about this design.

4 Likes

impressive design, I just wish that they start construction on this project…also wondering about 401 Hillsborough as well.

2 Likes

301 Hillsborough block is taped off and there are two soil boring ATV’s on site.

13 Likes

Well that’s a good sign

3 Likes

Whelp maybe Dwight was right.

3 Likes

This isn’t just fiber installation is it? I’ll be downtown tonight and will try to check this out. I want these projects to actually happen

1 Like

Definitely for soil borings to design the foundation. We use the exact same ATV’s at my work.

8 Likes

Awesome! (I’ve been burned by the fiber install before)

This is good news!

2 Likes

Thanks Will for the info . Super News!

2 Likes

Even if only 20 stories, this project located on a prominent hill in a gap in the skyline will bridge the connection between Faye St. and warehouse district in a big way. Especially from my favorite money shot, which is on 440 near person St. Overpass.

6 Likes

I really want this to get out of the ground. It should have a big impact on the skyline not only because of the height (should be 250-300ft) and location but also because of the multi building design. My personal favorite view of the skyline is coming down Wake Forest Rd and oh man will this fill in the breadth of downtown.

7 Likes

With that info on soil boring to design foundation what is a likely timeline for this project?

1 Like

I’m taking a stab, but those are just wash bores from what I saw. Evan, Will and xtoonz know better, but I’d guess like 10% design, so not sooner than 6 months…

1 Like