301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

I walked by there just now. Definitely saw the trucks and the bores. They’re in oil drums marked Soil. I also want this project to start moving really bad. I guess time will tell, but any activity at this point is good news

3 Likes

I believe it’s for geotech report to take samples of the dirt at various depths. To check for rocks, contaminated or bad dirt.

5 Likes

I was gonna take a pic but it was dark. Thanks for getting that.

When designing a building you start with the roof and work your way down. Foundations are the last major piece of the design process.

6 Likes

Well we skyscraper junkies are always looking for our next fix.

With One Glenwood wrapping up, and Origin Hotel and Smokey Hollow topping out, we’re left with the FNB tower as our last downtown project with a crane.

So I’m really jonesing for 301H to take off! Yeah! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Can’t tell if you’re joking but as a roof engineer I can tell you that’s not true.

3 Likes

We still have Smokey Hollow Phase 2, Two Glenwood, and then Nash Square hotel, RUSBUS (sigh), and City Hall coming up. Hoping a few of these other lingering projects will finally get some movement this year. This is the kind of growth I’ve been waiting for in Raleigh!

8 Likes

Don’t forget about the Edison Tower that is supposed to have some movement this summer…

5 Likes

Definitely not joking. If you haven’t designed the whole building, how would you know how much the foundations need to support.

Also S. Saunders, Kane’s Cabarrus tower and on a smaller scale the Fairweather and Fairweather adjacent “tower”

2 Likes

The new owner will submit new plans for 301-H . There is no timeline for this .

2 Likes

@nipper.dwight

Okay, Dwight…give it up! :grinning:

What do you know? And I know that you know…:grin:

3 Likes

I’m only half-joking, we should start a pool about which new 20+ story tower breaks ground first.

I’m pretty sure the options are:
400H
City Hall
Kane Cabarrus
S Saunders
Edison
Exploris “big” tower
Smoky Hollow Phase 3
RUSBUS

3 Likes

Honestly , I don’t know anything on the new plans ! Thanks though for asking !

2 Likes

I know it seems like a fantasy because of how long it’s been stuck in limbo, but I actually believe the Edison will break ground next. The reports make it seem like it basically has to by this summer. Now that would be cool to have a crane up for FNB and the Edison.

4 Likes

I’m putting my money on 400H and will guess this summer it breaks ground.

3 Likes

Yeah none of those will break ground this year except for who ever is developing for Pendo. Maybe not even next year and if the next recession hits soon probably just see one of these projects going up (Pendo) tower.

My money is on Pendo tower, Two Glenwood, then Phase II.

Doesn’t the Edison have to break ground due to some incentive with the city? If that’s the case I wonder if there’s anyway they can “break” ground and then just let it continue to sit or if the city put some quantifiable/measurable milestones into their requirements.

3 Likes

It’s about access to the parking deck. Not exactly going to force a multi million dollar building out of the ground without financing. Honestly I imagine if they had something planned for later this year, they could renegotiate with the city.

3 Likes

This one without a doubt…my mouth were the money seems to be pouring…Lol

1 Like