301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: News & Observer Site

Assumptions about ground floor plan spaces. Hotel lobby in purple, office lobby in blue, residence lobby in green, retail spaces in red. I count potentially 7 retail spaces. Although the tiny spots sandwiched among loading docks and parking deck entrances seem not so desirable and will probably be last to be filled, if at all.

7 Likes

Also, recall that this is a big improvement over the pre-udo status quo. Previously anything this big would have had to go before council for conditional zoning approval or something. Now, much of downtown gets up to 20 stories, no questions asked - and NIMBYs never get a soapbox to stand on to publicly air their hysteria.

5 Likes

And rough guess at upper level tower floor plates above the 7 floor parking deck podium.

7 Likes

Sorry State records occupies a space like that right across the street and its the sort of retail diversity downtown really needs.

4 Likes

The developer has submitted his plans to the city for a 20 story tower .

19 Likes

@nipper.dwight You are a true wealth of knowledge and insight for this group. Many thanks for all your updates.

6 Likes

I’m guessing this will be plans for the residential tower?

All of You are so Welcome ! Many Thanks to My Friend that gives us this information !

4 Likes

This will be the office/hotel tower @ 247 feet . The paperwork that has just been submitted is for site approval . Building Permits will come later in the year hopefully .

4 Likes

I thought the office tower site plans were already submitted? And isn’t the hotel tower planned for Phase II?

The residents tower will be phase 2 . The plans have changed & the new plans from the new owner has just submitted new site plans for the office/hotel tower .

3 Likes

What the…? If it’s staying at the 20 stories, why a resubmital?
Sorry, clueless in DTR…Lol :wink:

1 Like

Glad to see a new office tower get going! (assuming plans work out). There’s so much momentum for companies moving into the downtown area, so I’m sure developers are keen to get these projects going pronto. It’s really good for the tax base as well.
And the residential components are sure to follow. A new 250’ tower? I’m down with that! :grin:

7 Likes

They just need to get started. All these projects in development but no real construction just yet. Is there going to be a point in 2020 or 2021 where there’s 15-20 cranes hanging over Downtown Raleigh?

7 Likes

Let’s hope so. One just came available from the Peace project :wink:

2 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Downtown’s Resiliency during a slow economy

Some interesting looking renderings over at the latest appearance commission agenda. Here are just a few.

32 Likes

That’s a nice looking complex. I find it interesting that the first (overhead) picture depicts 400H rather than the current buildings.

1 Like

are they saving the oaks on hillsborough st??

3 Likes