301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

It surprises me how often glaring mistakes are made on presentations. That’s not the NW corner of the Capital District.

So from the 2nd and 3rd images it looks as if two towers are going up first? They’re coloured in while the SW tower is not.

Good catch on that. Seems to be the case. I know the initial tower that renderings were released for was the office tower. I’m assuming the second tower is residential since no hotel brand has been named yet as part of the project.

Nevermind looks like Dwight answered that earlier. Phase 2 tower will be residential. Though after looking at the full PDF in the agenda, I’m not sure both are going to be going up at the same time. I’m assuming the office tower is going up first and will be slightly taller then the other two. 263ft. I like the designs of all the 3 buildings.

2 Likes

City Municipal block is shown at full build out as well. Shows how dense this area will be.

2 Likes

Very dense. The buildings should be somewhat similar in height too. Should be an interesting grouping.

1 Like

263’ to the top of penthouse according to 3rd rendering

1 Like

Actually, after looking through the full gallery of renderings, I see my mistake. The main wall of each building is coloured according to the district of downtown which it faces. The colour of the residential building just isn’t shown in that image. Here’s what I mean:

Also, here’s a few additional renderings:

7 Likes

At 263 feet tall, this will be similar in height to the Skyhouse at 264. The Flying Saucer will feel tiny after both phases are complete. They also included 5 retail spaces on all four sides of the development. This development along with N&O will create destination locations within themselves and increase foot traffic for each district. For those curious Phase 1 will be the office and Phase 2 will be Hotel and Residential.

8 Likes

“South Herrington St.”

:man_facepalming:

Good catch that they depict 401H in the upper left of the overview street diagram.
With 301H, 401H, and the round hotel, this will be quite the cluster.

It’s interesting that the round hotel, at 239 ft, was the tallest building in Raleigh from 1969-1977. So this part of town is use to being high profile.

And now the area is filling in with towers that are taller than that former record holder!

2 Likes

Noticed that part of the parking lot is taped off and there’s a backhoe that’s dug up a small section. Probably nothing since it’s not the whole site.

1 Like

Will , This work is not part of the tower project . I was hoping that it was !

I truly hope that this ends up getting built!

2 Likes

If @nipper.dwight is right and this construction starts soon, here’s what it used to look like!

15 Likes

Unfortunate that we’ll lose some trees downtown, but well worth it to get rid of this huge surface parking lot

6 Likes

What does the new Alternate Design thing on the Raleigh Wire mean?

How unfortunate. Street level Raleigh will be just one vista of poorly hidden parking garages crushing down on squat single ground floor retail space. There should be a minimum of 20 or 30 feet from ground level where parking deck is not visible.

4 Likes

What or where can I find this?

https://community.dtraleigh.com/t/the-raleigh-wire-service/748/239