Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

I just had my most expensive fantasy draft with one of the owners of Moonlight…I’ll be sure to ask about any upcoming changes. He’s into cool places and spaces, but also wouldn’t turn down a big enough payday…would be interesting if a big developer approached him…could go either way. Does anyone know the zoning on that corner? Its getting close to Boylan Heights and might be sloping down some there.

It’s zoned DX-7-UL. You can look up zoning here: iMAPS

TBJ article about Two Hillsborough, Glenwood, and their developer. He was hinting at more coming past Two Hillsborough, which lend credibility to the other statement that they are going to announce more soon. Specifically mentions a lot of older properties around the warehouse district, and says expect to see more residential and mixed use.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/09/07/sneak-peekas-one-glenwood-takes-shape-developer.html

2 Likes

Great picture, I have to say…

Going to be sad though, if and or when another building is built where the “Hemp” shop is located. :wink:

1 Like

Renderings for 2 Hillsborough are included in this TBJ article. Not pay-restricted.
Also shows renderings for the courtyard between the two buildings and claims to include a concert stage.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/10/17/renderings-revealed-of-one-glenwood-s-sister-tower.html

4 Likes

18 Likes

damn that is nice. I love how it looks.

2 Likes

Yeah that is pretty sweet. No new parking, right? I guess that must be why the parking deck for One Glenwood is so enormous. Contains all the parking for future phases.

2 Likes

NC State is beating unc on the screen. I like the attention to detail.

13 Likes

I thought there was going to be parking built on the lot across Boylan but I can’t remember where I read that.
The plans list 487 parking spots off site and the One Glenwood deck only has 730 spaces which doesn’t seem like enough for One, Two and the Origin Hotel but I can’t find plans for the second deck anywhere.

1 Like

It was mentioned in the side notes for Two Glenwood that a future deck would be built across the street, across Boylan where that car repair shop is.

2 Likes

I went to an event where the VP of Heritage Properties spoke about this project. They plan to have retail open up to the courtyard using giant garage type doors. They’re hoping Dram and Draught will fill one of the retail spots.

3 Likes

I confirmed with the owner recently that Dram and draught will take one of the ground floor corner spaces in One Glenwood.

17 Likes

So, to me it looks like future projects for this area are going to me tower 3, and a second parking garage. Tower 3 would likely go where the moon light pizza is, but where is the second parking garage going, and how are they going to do it? Will it just be a garage, or will it be wrapped, or have ground floor retail?

Edit to add: Since they own the land on the Hargett side as well, I think they are going to build something there too.

1 Like

I believe they also plan to build something on the south side of the current deck under construction as they own that land too.

1 Like

Yep. He is really looking forward to all the new development. They’ll be on the Orgin Hotel corner.

3 Likes

Didn’t someone buy Taylor’s Service, too? I think that means 3/4 of this intersection will be redeveloped.

1 Like

Really really hope they can realign Boylan at Hillsborough to remove the odd offset intersecrion.

3 Likes

We’ll find out soon.

BLOCK 83 PARKING DECK, SR-100-2018
Submitted year: 2018
Plan type: ADMINISTRATIVE SITE REVIEW
Major Street: HILLSBOROUGH ST
CAC: HILLSBOROUGH
URL: None

1 Like

Very interesting. How long after they go to site review do they become publicly available?