Capital Square - 320 W. South Street

37 Likes

Street level view at the corner of Lenoir and Dawson. Walking by, this is going to be a huge development on this corner.

34 Likes

How about another view?

24 Likes

Feels like they got off the ground level so quick with this one compared to some recent projects around here.

37 Likes

Moving right along!

34 Likes

Great shot/angle here. Love the backdrop of downtown, too.

11 Likes

Not sure if this is drainage, foundation, or even the base for an underground level, but seeing some progress now where the parking deck is going.

**Edit: **OK given the placement of the holes, etc. I’m definitely thinking drainage/runoff water retention.

I could also be convinced the chambers are each a tomb for a mummy, or affordable housing.

17 Likes

It’s probably the same thing we had at the Fairweather under the P1 deck for sand filtration before returning water to the system. It has to be inspected every so often/etc. Given the larger size of building this looks about right. We only have 2 similar coffins under our building.

12 Likes

definitely a sand filter… all of the storm water and water draining from the roof will end up inside of the structure and self clean before it’s release to the city storm.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Still excited to see this part of the project getting started. I’m guessing this deck will go up pretty fast and add to this project’s footprint. I know it’s just a parking deck, but sandwiched between a self storage building and tall new housing with a pool and amenities on top, on a formerly (nearly) empty overgrown lot, I’m still happy to see it.

7 Likes

Pluss, it’ll be a decently “hidden” deck considering it’ll be tucked between this behemoth tower and the self storage, with ground floor retail to activate the sidewalk.

6 Likes

How did that work out?

Are they working on the 4th or 5th floor now? Not sure if that center area on the first floor would count as 1 or 2

You really dug in to find that post. :rofl:
We are still fixing stuff from original construction. Does that count?

1 Like

LOL I was actually looking back to find a few renderings from an ASR now that it’s coming out the ground. Couldn’t help it.

To repost in that context, so no one else has to dig back to find your mistakes… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

I don’t recall seeing that angle in a rendering yet! Hope this turns out half as good as the renders imply!!

3 Likes

Yeah I didn’t either. They’re in this thread oddly enough, like 2 years back LOL.

2 Likes

Possibly new images from the retail space leasing brochure?

https://www.loopnet.com/viewer/pdf?file=https%3A%2F%2Fimages1.loopnet.com%2Fd2%2F_iWDD63zJyzx927Rioe_QN8XFqz8zoUF3wK9Rg5jzDU%2F320%2520W%2520South%2520Tower%2520%2520Flyer.pdf

28 Likes

5 retail spaces!!! That’s awesome.

10 Likes

31 Likes