City Gateway - Mira Apartments and more (Gateway Southeast)

Next, the Former City Gateway project under way. There’s a mobile crane on site.
(thanks to @svp for the heads up a few days ago)

44 Likes

I’m breaking up the Former City Gateway and NCAE “block” - Salisbury Square thread so let’s track what was the City Gateway project here. Feel free to re-post anything related to just this lot here. I’d love to kind of refresh this with “what we know.”

16 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: NCAE “block” - Salisbury Square

Just to make sure, these are the correct renderings for this project?

9 Likes

That’s what I understand. Here is what I’m pulling up from this site plan.

Interesting note I saw in the pic above, zooming in…

SUB-0012-2021 is here:

but that one says:

I don’t know where this sheet C-8.0 could be.

16 Likes

As someone in civil engineering, my guess is that C-8.0 shows just the generic City of Raleigh typical section for Avenue 2 Lane Undivided that is being used along the Kindley St centerline which extends past actual end of pavement. Prop ROW dedication is based on that generic design.

21 Likes

Welcome, fellow Civil Engineer!

10 Likes

0, 130 and 131 Kindley Street being rezoned to 40 stories!?

13 Likes

Interesting rezoning! Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Wanted to follow up here. Not sure if we were only talking about the 2 north buildings where construction/demo had stopped due to permits being needed.

The Gateway Apartments as imaged above appear to still be in full swing. Saw lots of activity this morning when i drove past on MLK. Sorry if this is redundant, as this site trips me up a bit… I think bc it is so obscured from public view.

12 Likes

I saw it this morning as well, mobile crane on site with a large concrete wall already showing on MLK. I’ll try and get a picture after work.

4 Likes

That will be great get some pictures

26 Likes

A lot of these recent building renderings are showing their exterior in stark white, I’m very curious to see how these age.

Edit: not calling out this building in particular, just a general comment

3 Likes

Is there a formal website that has more official renderings of this building?

Probably better than me, but I think my shade is ghostly white…

1 Like

This one is hard to get good photos of right now. Just putting it out there that if anyone is getting drone shots any time soon, fly that thing over this site. I’ll buy you beer at the next meetup for it.

17 Likes

Pedro, is that you?
:rofl:

4 Likes

23 Likes

What happened two the 20 stories building have they gotten their permit permission