Platform and West End II - Development at W Cabarrus/S Saunders

Screenshot for quick reference. Full rez above.

12 Likes

I think all of the buildings they plan to take down have been removed at this point.

13 Likes

That brick mulch under the trees is an interesting touch. I guess the nice thing is it doesn’t was away quickly.

4 Likes

Actually heading to Rebus Works for breakfast and then wanted to check out this area. Should’ve had a spoiler warning on this post… :warning:

:rofl:

3 Likes

17 Likes

Aerial shots of this demo.

32 Likes

Bringing this inquiry to this thread:

I’m going to say within 30 days though I don’t know if construction permits have been issued so that kind of makes predicting more difficult.

November 3rd.

EDIT: I fully expect at least 2 cranes on this project.

6 Likes

Which comes first 400h, the Hilton Garden Hotel, or the Cabarrus development?

1 Like

HGI crane first. There’s already bags of concrete and rebar.
Like this post enough and I’ll run down and get some pics (you know I’ll do it anyway).
:rofl:

19 Likes

Are these the renderings of the proposed construction?

Yes but only the apartment side of the project is slated for construction anytime soon, far as I know

Here is the link to what’s currently being built.

1 Like

so looking again at the plans @clairebertt just linked for us, the train platform side is going to be all parking deck? I really hope they do some sort of treatment that is a) good looking b) greenery or best of all c) room for a massive mural/art instillation. Think “welcome to Raleigh” or “travel by train” or some sort cool, civic boosterish deal.

10 Likes

I agree- especially since it will be visible from places like Wye Hill. I definitely understand why they chose to put parking there, but hopefully it isn’t too dull.

2 Likes

I heard from a neighbor who is working with Kane on branding for this project that the designs have changed from what we last saw, but I haven’t seen anything new myself. :woman_shrugging:t2: Still just the apartments, though.

The project isn’t on Kane’s project page anymore, but Raleigh Mag apparently has a blurb in their October issue with familiar renderings and has even declared this area the West End district. I guess that makes @clairebertt and me West End Girls.

5 Likes

I guess I live in the East End lol.

1 Like

Will we come up with a West End Story?

2 Likes

West End district? I’m unenthused :roll_eyes:

I mean come on… Iron District! Smoky Hollow! West End…

4 Likes

We will have to do something to liven it up!