Smoky Hollow Park

Smokey Hollow Park gets my vote for these. Gateway Park is bland and boring. Robinson-Greenberg park? two players who are not local, and only brefly played here, seems well, a reach.

My preference would have been Pigeon House park

11 Likes

I would prefer Pigeon House as well. I wonder how that fell out of the running.

1 Like

Frankly all of those names are fine with me. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, it’s strange because Pigeon House Park was the most upvoted option in the original survey.

7 Likes

I think they’re teasing the names…

3 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Devereux Meadow Adjacent Development

On the agenda for the Nov 15 City Council meeting to officially change the name to “Smoky Hollow Park”.

And also the “Concept #3” seems to be the recommendation moving forward.

22 Likes

Its weird to me that keep leaving out detail for this corner that changed like 3 years ago with the Capital Blvd project…

4 Likes

Perhaps it belongs to the State of NC DOT??

4 Likes

Yeah, thinking either A: it’s state owned, like @RobertSanderlin speculates (but then, isn’t most of this park land DOT, currently?) - perhaps they just didn’t finalize buying that section when this deal was initially made. Or B: they consider that a deadzone since it’s an embankment leading up to a busy street, so perhaps will just plant a bunch of trees and let it become a sort of sound buffer between the park and Capital.

3 Likes

Like the median between N and S lanes on Capital, plant some damn trees there!!!

13 Likes

Don’t forget to pencil in the Chinese wall (SEHSR NC-5) alignment on the western border.

4 Likes

Like the design, hate the name.

1 Like

I can see Liveable Raleigh’s take on this, 31% of the population voted against this option and you’re going to force it down their throat??

Sorry, didn’t mean to pull them into a convo they don’t belong. LOL

2 Likes

51% of anything seems to be best case consensus these days…

But it’s 31% “against”. This is their BS chatter on Twitter about MAB.

I digress, back to SmoHoPa

2 Likes

Copy that. Admittedly, I have muted LR in my day to day…
Still not sure why SmoHo is more ‘appropriate’ than Devereux or Pigeon House for the park but if we put that on a ballot, who knows anyway so, I’ll just keep hoping it gets funded and built whatever the name.

3 Likes

I like Smoky Hollow Park. Much like Pigeon Branch it feels “Southern” and has some character to it.

2 Likes

Any idea on timeline? Maybe this gets going after the bond and all the developers in that area wanting it.

Could be hopium on my part though

Because Devereux owned slaves and Pigeon House Park sounds like it’s filled with birdhouses for pigeons who will poop on any visitors. Smoky Hollow is a historic neighborhood name (obviously) and therefore fits okay.
:man_shrugging:

5 Likes