FNB Tower (Charter Square)

I like the recessed ground floor design. More and more the Budget Airport Hotel across the street will look out of place.

5 Likes

I’m at risk of telling a story that everyone knows but I’ve heard that the request was to show “hockey” on the screen in that image but was heard as “Rocky”.

3 Likes

Artificial Turf!!! Maybe half the skating rink will return…

11 Likes

I think that the skating rink should move to the plaza on West in front of Union Station.

12 Likes

Seconds after his hard hat fell to the ground below

8 Likes

Well that seems terrifying…

5 Likes

I think I see a harness, but I am not sure.

Really doc I was hit by a hard hat !!!

1 Like

Don’t tell OSHA about this.

2 Likes

I have been wondering… why does that wall come out past past the corner rather than squaring at the corner like most every other building?

Stylistic reasons. Architects doing architect things.

Also, yeah that guy has a harness on, he’s tied off to the column.

2 Likes

It looks like a half-baked design element. From what I can see in the pictures, that part of the curtain wall has a unique mullion pattern, so the architects chose to distinguish it further by extending the curtain wall past either edge of the building.

Doesn’t really work here imo, because it’s too subtle and seems like an afterthought. This works well if integrated into the overall concept of the building. Example: 200 4th street in Nashville, where the glass is meant to be an expression of four pages of sheet music.

7 Likes

What else would he kneel on?

1 Like

And when he falls, and the rope saves his life initially, he’s swing his head into the side wall of the building or through the glass, and it will kill him.

I’m seeing that the grand opening of the tower is scheduled for Dec 4. :grinning:

9 Likes

Photo taken from the Lincoln

18 Likes

Some updated shots here. Pool deck and approximate max height view of other buildings.

17 Likes

The crown might make it taller than Progress

2 Likes

Clearing off the plaza and sidewalk areas and getting ready for the opening in two weeks.

15 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Downtown hotels