NCAE "block" - Salisbury Square

In all honesty, I would super super not want an identical Skyhouse built anywhere in the city. Not only is it not the most architecturally pleasing building as is with all the exposed concrete all the way up to the top, but it’s essentially identical to the Skyhouse apt towers built all over the US. Nothing unique or interesting about that!

6 Likes

I agree. I think it would look absurd to have two of the same buildings, especially kind of ugly buildings, next to each other. Even good-looking buildings would seem weird. Could you imagine the Chrysler Building in NY having a copy on the same block? It would be different if it was 2 related projects, like the two buildings of Charter Square.

1 Like

Exactly. Have you seen the two Charlotte Skyhouses? Both ugly :heavy_check_mark: Both squat and boxy :heavy_check_mark: and one MASSIVE parking deck between them :heavy_check_mark:
NO THANKS lmao

2 Likes

Now, if we could have had the identical Edison towers instead… sigh…
https://dtraleigh.com/tag/the-edison/

3 Likes

Just thinking, but couldn’t the Edison Towers be revised over, just an idea.

The Planning Commission has a big agenda concerning Gateway South for next Tuesday April 28th .

7 Likes

Ok how do you contact the planning commission.

2 Likes

Go to raleighnc.gov web page . Click on council meetings & you should see listed Planning Commissioners April 28 Meeting . The city sent me a email concerning this meeting . Hope this helps .

1 Like

This is the item:

9 Likes

Hooray for increasing connectivity and getting rid of a dead end! As you might guess, I’m a big fan of improving the street grid!

6 Likes

Shame about Salisbury Street not being straightened.

3 Likes

Unless the Western/McDowell interchange is also majorly redesigned, I’m having a hard time seeing how traffic flow wouldn’t be cripplingly confusing…?

I’m down for improving the post-Christmas street grid, in principle, but I don’t get how extending the dead end into such an already-busy interchange helps at all.

5 Likes

A redesign of the interchange is proposed, but not certain. The northbound on ramp from MLK would be taken out and a left turn light would be installed to direct those drivers onto the ramp that merges onto northbound saunders. Where this road interests MLK will be where the light will be. Again, this is just proposed and NCDOT has to sign off because S Saunders is still a numbered highway.

7 Likes

I’m revising my request for a gondola to include a tunnel via the Boring company for additional volume and inclement weather.

Doesn’t have to be hyper loop. So many possibilities!

8 Likes

Innnnnteresting. Where have I seen this idea before??:thinking:

Bummed that a new road would cut through my dream ballpark, but c’est la vie.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

Not sure if these new renderings have been posted, but I really hope this actually gets built.

29 Likes

This was a pleasant surprise this morning.

2 Likes

This is one of those buildings that will look nicer in real life than in diagrams. I just hope they start building it sooner than later. The wait for some of these projects is too much.

3 Likes

Really looking forward to this project and was definitely some needed good news for downtown to see this submission. Thanks @Teamsguy3 for giving us the heads up about this project