Holiday Inn and New Kimpton Hotel

Oh I f**kin’ LOVE the Holiday Inn!!! Much like the Archdale, it’s so ugly it’s cute. I’ve always said, if they painted it a nice Dayglo Orange or Pink, it’d look like an old school Miami Beach hotel building. Or a cream/seafoam green.

11 Likes

My vote would be a creamsicle orange. I have always wished they’d paint it something other than beige. With orange, they could even keep the green tinted windows.

I think it’s good to have at least one weird, retro and distinctive building in the skyline. Adde character. I hope it stays.

6 Likes

Who doesn’t love a good hair curler reflection…?
To me, it’s ‘good weird’ and getting ‘better’ with more ‘modern’ neighbors…

5 Likes

Wait, I said that!! Am I on some super secrete mute situation?!?!
I kinda of like the Holiday Inn - at least its different.

1 Like

Do you guys hear something?

2 Likes

I enjoy traveling and seeing her siblings in other skylines.

4 Likes

Top of the building is completely lined up with the horizon, excluding the signage area. Intentional?!

Yes, very intentional.

1 Like

Apparently there is a group from out of town who are currently under contract to buy the holiday inn and redevelop those parcels.

8 Likes

They better not knock it down!!! I would, however, love to see the empty surface lots around it developed!

7 Likes

Including the hotel? Any more details on this?

I don’t really care for the building, but I’m fairly neutral about it.

1 Like

I thought I remembered that Greg Hatem owned the surface parking lot to the east of the Holiday Inn, so I checked iMaps and the Register of Deeds. Hillsborough Anisa Empire LLC ( controlled by Greg Hatem), sold the parking lot on 8/31/2016 to Hillsborough Park Inn LLC of Miami FL. The Hotel is owned by Raleigh Park Inn LLC, with the same address in Miami.

3 Likes

We probably need to set our expectations very low, the plan to “redevelop” is to take it down once the new ownership group takes over.

1 Like

not many public details… many people who have been involved are not talking about it until the deal goes through

we should see something here in the next few months

3 Likes

I’ve always thought the Holiday Inn tower just needed a little love and a lean into the retro vibes. The Longleaf, in my opinion, is a really good example of a creative mind breathing new life into dated architecture.

16 Likes

100% yes, which is why I would DIE for them to paint it like creamsicle orange and retheme it to be a 1980s Miami Beach hotel, and make the rooftop spinning restaurant/bar super themed/engaging and open to the public (if not already)

8 Likes

This makes me think of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. It just needs a little love and Linus’ blanket.

4 Likes

Put a Miami Subs at the top of it.

3 Likes

I believe the last time this hotel had any significant renovation was in 2002-2003. Perhaps those renovations have depreciated and it’s due for some major upkeep, and the owners are deciding that it isn’t worth it.

Would be a shame, it’s a distinctive building. But not everything is meant to last forever.

7 Likes