Tempo by Hilton Hotel & Homewood Suites

Those things have been a part of my daily life since June (I have front row seats to the W Cabarrus project). They’re pretty fun to watch.

4 Likes

Pool is filled in.

20 Likes

Mud baths. How luxurious this hotel will be!

15 Likes

Might be a couple days before that trailer emerges, LoLs

5 Likes

Google photo album of aerial (and some terrestrial) shots.

#dtraerial
#hgi-aerial

10 Likes

Pulling in some links/pics from over in the Downtown Hotels thread where conversations on the early bits of this development started. Also, I can’t edit those old posts to add hashtags for searching more easily.

#dtraerial
#hgi-aerial

4 Likes

Drove by this morning - looks like a serious construction site as opposed to just a big hole! Lots of work done to dig out the plot, and the walls are shored up with (what looks like) concrete.

11 Likes

Gotta move that dirt.

22 Likes

Pad being poured next week.
215’ crane in 2-3 weeks.

31 Likes

Anyone know what are all those beehive/kiln looking mounds there in the bottom left of the photo?

1 Like

It looks like to me a large sewer line ! I am just guessing . Beehive looking items might be manhole structures .

2 Likes

Ant mounds???
:ant:

3 Likes

I just noticed the drilling equipment to the right of the bottom collection of ginormous anthills. I wonder if its soil tests/foundation exploration.
Good grief, can you imagine the size of ants that would come out of there? This could be like a 50’s horror movie - Attack of the Giant Ants!!

5 Likes

What’s the t-shaped cutout in the middle?

2 Likes

Crane pad.
:building_construction:

And I guess I need extra characters even with the “building construction” emoji. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hey, how about some “extraterrestrial” shots? :wink: :rofl: :scream:

More cranes in the DTR skyline. Let’s gooo!

2 Likes

I think that’s where the murder hornets are being installed. They’ll make the honey for the honey mustard needed by the rooftop Chick-fil-A.

12 Likes

Will make 3 cranes at once in DTR alone (this, Seaboard, and 400H) plus the Iron Works crane a little further north. Not even counting North Hills.

13 Likes

11 Likes