Former News & Observer Site - Nexus Office Tower

Thank you for sharing though. I’m happy to assist. :smiley:

1 Like

So the way I read this, there are actually 4 towers? One hotel, One Office, One apartment, and One condo.

In total there is 80,000sqft of retail give or take.

To be honest, 106 condos is a BIG deal.

6 Likes

I have to admit at least the design is different from the glass box, parking with office hats everything else is.

I hate that it isn’t Raleigh’s new signature tower but I’ll get over it if this is being built.

3 Likes

Agreed, I wanted a signature tower here, but after seeing the renderings with the “plaza” space and added residential, I am on board with this design. Let’s just hope it actually gets built.

2 Likes

25,000ft for grocery… hmmm.

3 Likes

Those condos facing the park are going to be the most expensive condos in Raleigh no doubt. Even compared to PNC Plaza. The value added of the entire project plus a park view.

7 Likes

I also saw that and almost choked. Praying this actually happens, because the Publix is still too far for me to walk and consider it downtown proper for grocery

7 Likes

Wow! Love that pedestrian / people oriented plaza. I think this will be a great addition. Currently an empty / ugly building. This is progress to me!

10 Likes

Although not the 40 story landmark people envision, I think this project looks pretty awesome! I like that the plaza has retail and looks very walkable. Also, the hotel with apartment and condos. The city block will have a little bit of what everyone has been asking for.

2 Likes

:clap: this project looks pretty good to me! I think we all wanted more height but 4 separate buildings on this lot will add a lot of density to this area.

2 Likes

So lets see N&O is 4 buildings, 301 is going to be 3, 83 Block is 1, New Gov Center is 3, 400H is 1, Pendo is 1 and Bus is 2

So we could have 15 towers going up over then next 3-5 years plus what ever else is proposed down town?

huh, who says Raleigh development is dead.

11 Likes

What is the timeline for the other buildings? Again, still seems possible the residential towers could end up being taller.

1 Like

The News and Observer article said the company was not going to ask for a rezoning. I guess they could change their mind though.

1 Like

First building will take what, 1.5 years? They could wait til it’s finished to request a rezone of other parcels.

1 Like

They could always rezone, and change the residential if there is a perceived demand, but I doubt they will.

All we need is Austin Lawrence Partners to come to Raleigh and build something cool like One City Center in Durham.

3 Likes

This is great news. Skyline aesthetics are the least of my concerns. Ground level experiences are what brings people back for more

17 Likes

I’m still disappointed we didn’t get a signature tower for the N&O site, but this looks to be a quality project in any case. Honestly, I think this would have been a perfect project for the parcel just east of Moore Square rather than the N&O site.

4 Likes

Pendo is likely going to be in one of these buildings, not a separate building themselves, I think?

Also you forgot City Gateway (Kindley Street) and Edison/Highwoods.

Even if all of this gets built, we are still barely making a dent in the underutilized land around downtown. There will still be plenty of holes to fill for the next cycle. We are definitely still at a point where getting two 20 story buildings to fill two gaps, helps downtown more than a 40 story building, unless your primary concern is having a Super Ripped Ultra Sculpted Skyline.

10 Likes

This project would have been perfect on the lot east of Moore Square.

6 Likes