Rockway (formerly Park City South) - Saunders/Lake Wheeler Apartments and Retail

I actually just did the opposite. I sold my car a couple weeks ago and now rely on ride-sharing and public transportation. Of course this was made possible thanks to having a WFH job.

Gen Y and Gen Z are generally far less interested in vehicle ownership, citing cost and environmental reasons.

3 Likes

Dude half the Jobs in RTP were remote before the pandemic, and those companies are figuring out how to make even more jobs remote. Sorry Boltman, If your boss does not trust you to work from home, thats on you

3 Likes

looking back my dad and other IT folks that worked for state govt had govt provided laptops in the late 90s and really could have worked from home even then most of the time.

looking at the images of park city south at Merge Capital. do these three towers have an leaning to them? internationalist maybe? the renders look great if they are accurate.

Ignore this entire website. Complete Bait-and-switch bullshit. None of those cool renders are coming to fruition.

Said Crane dominates the skyline today

20 Likes

I like big cranes, I cannot lie…

9 Likes

Nah - Showing up and sitting in a seat is a government-esque KPI. Good leaders will have solid metrics for evaluating performance virtually. That is the reality.

1 Like

What is this vantage? Maywood rooftop?

Baby got back(hoe) :tractor:

3 Likes

The Fairweather - 4th floor balcony

2 Likes

21 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Maywood Corridor, Lake Wheeler, Fuller Heights

24 Likes

Is there a rendering for this project, i think that i saw it here some time ago, but not sure, Does anyone know of a link or website to this project ???

https://mergecap.com/project/park-city

This Merge Capital website is probably your best bet (edit2: to build up your expectations and let you down immediately after)

Edit: this is much more accurate:
ASR-0006-2021 PARK CITY SOUTH- PHASE 1A https://cityofraleigh0drupal.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/drupal-prod/COR15/ASR-0006-2021_AA.pdf

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Residential Infill along New Bern - Edenton

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: City Gateway Apartments (Gateway Southeast)

Ah, let’s not use that first link anymore. They have some nerve to still have it up :expressionless:

Here’s the current design of phase 1, @maverick333.

9 Likes

Definitely not crazy about the contemporary materials, but I like the form and massing

1 Like