Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

Thanks for the update @OakCityDylan. What was the main theme of the objections?

I think itā€™s so weird that 14 people have such an outsized voice in a building in a city of nearly half a million.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s why we need to show up to these things.

9 Likes

Seriously tho. What if 25 of us showed up at every CAC meeting in Raleigh and demanded more height and voted for everything. Everything would go to the PC and City Council with community approval

8 Likes

9 to 5

Yeah the city is going to ask Kane if the building can be 3 stories as a middle ground. Haha

@dtraleigh

If someone could tell me the where, date, time and with a 2 to 3 week advanced noticeā€¦
I will be thereā€¦also, it would be helpful to know which CAC meetings are coming up and what will be discussed or how we could best help?

Does this very important issue deserve a seperate thread???

5 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Public Engagement - Raleigh Citizen Advisory Councils (CACs)

Which CAC is this? (additional characters)

1 Like

Thatā€™s a pretty darn amazing shot.
What a great find!

3 Likes

North Central is what that development falls into (barely).

Based on my comment above that these meetings happen regularly (to answer @RobertSanderlin, @Christopher, @GucciLittlePig), youā€™ll see that the North Central CAC for instance meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 7pm.
https://www.raleighnc.gov/home/content/CommServices/Articles/CAC/NorthCentralCAC.html

3 Likes

Looking at picture, it looks like Downtown Blvd is in early stages of construction. Maybe someone that knows when DB was built can date the picture.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Public Engagement - Raleigh Citizen Advisory Councils (CACs)

Even Titanium Lofts in Denver is just a boring brick building deep in its soul. (sorry just wanted to join the shiny metal convo)

1 Like

You must be new here. Thatā€™s Devereux Meadows. It was placed literally in the horse pasture of the Devereux mansion which stood next to Tilden St Off Glenwood just west and up the hill. That was an antebellum mansion. There is some tiny bit of ballparksā€™s restrooms left that were under the bleachers up against the hill. If you go traipsing through the creek to get back there youā€™ll see it.

1 Like

I actually purchased this print through the state archives back in the late nineties when I moved into the Cotton Mill. Back then, the state would allow you to go through their photos and have a print created for a small fee. Itā€™s a really cool shot of Capital under construction.

5 Likes

Also FWIW, Phase 2 construction is expected to begin in about 2 months (May timeframe) and will consist of concrete build for parking deck (closest to West condos), stick for apartments (mostly facing West St.), and steel for the commercial mid rise (corner of Johnson/Harrington).

7 Likes

The flag is on the corner facing peace st.

7 Likes

Thanks @Drew. My view is from the other side.

Thanks for the details on Phase 2 starting in about 60 days.

I was wondering what was the next DTR construction project to start, as the 3 current projects are well underway:

• Peace Phase 1: topped out
  • One Glenwood: topped out; garage tower: topped out; Origin Hotel: 1 level from top
  • FNB Tower: a couple levels from topping

Upcoming:

• Peace Phase 2: starting May 2019

Iā€™m not aware of any of the other tentative projects having an actual month this year as an announced start date.

3 Likes

N&O and 301 sitesā€¦Autumn?

1 Like