Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

There was some activity at 301H this morning. Not sure if I’d call it starting construction but looked like prep at least. I believe they were reclaiming windows from the building across from Taverna agora and I saw another group that appeared to be drilling. Might be best for the topic specific thread but just replying to your inquiry.

1 Like

Just a nitpick, but the “H” goes with the 400H project. 301 is just digits. Carry on.

4 Likes

They have updated the materials on the model wall across the street. Hopefully this gives a better idea of what they will be using.

9 Likes

Soooooooo much better than the first one! Thanks for sharing! I wish that I could like your post a thousand times. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@John They are building something in front of the parking deck with a thick base. Maybe it will make the garage look better. Maybe Kane reads this board. Or, maybe your last name starts with a K? Lol.

6 Likes

After seeing how bright the light is from the Block83 deck, I am starting to imagine this deck being the “nightlight” for this entire neighborhood.
I wonder what is going to be built in front by the nature of that wide footing that’s being poured. Thanks for the eagle eye!

1 Like

Let’s hope not…would shine right into my window. We finally got him to build an 11 story building that blocks the horrible sweepstakes LED lights that blink at the corner of Peace and West.

1 Like

Have you seen that deck at night behind the Origin Hotel? It’s bright.

The ones on One Glenwood? (LED strips). Otherwise, no.

Unfortunately I think they are only building a ramp into the second level of the parking deck there. Disappointing.

1 Like

12 Likes

From Cline’s webpage, it looks like there will be some sort of screening that hangs in front of the small part of the garage that faces north on the east side of the building. As for that south facing elevation, who knows?

1 Like

I’m curious how this all turns out. The Origin hotel parking deck is pretty good looking as far as ugly parking decks go. It’s painted, has LED lights, etc. The Peace St one looks ugly af right now. I have some faith it’ll be better once it’s done, but I have no real indication of that. Time will tell, I guess

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s it. But, I will keep you posted.

And it is just beautiful. Love seeing our flag, never gets old. Adding that flag just made this project 1000 times better, now just below it add the city flag, put that oak tree up.

2 Likes

OMG, I’m dying here. Thanks for the laugh.

2 Likes

Taken from the Cardinal Bar. You can see One Glenwood peeking out from under the flag there, too.

12 Likes

This photo only piques my interest to know where exactly the entrance to Publix is going to be. Does anyone know? Is there going to be an entrance on that NW corner that’s currently in blue? Is it on Harrington? Does it face Peace? Is there more than one entrance to the store?

1 Like

I can’t wait to see how they handle this inside. Most of the people coming in there will be coming in from the garage parking that is on the basement level under Publix. Therefore, I can’t imagine a scenario like the North Hills Harris Teeter where you ride an elevator up. Not sure where the pedestrian entrance will be.

1 Like

I believe, based on the renderings, the pedestrian entrance will be on Peace St., near the corner of West. St. There seem to be multiple garage entrances, though, and I’m sure the store will have a door into the garage.

1 Like