Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

Yes, elevator up. That’s what the Kane guys said Tuesday evening at the CAC meeting.

Well that should be interesting.

2 Likes

That makes sense. I know urban grocers where the parking is on top, and it’s elevator down to the entrance.

1 Like

Lol at the road-side sign for ‘HOT DOGS’.

3 Likes

YES! This happens all the time at CAC meetings. The Hillsborough CAC’s thumbs down vote on a height request for a boutique hotel in Glenwood South was done without the vast majority of GS residents knowing anything about it.

This issue is most problematic within the CAC’s that encompass nearby downtown neighborhoods, where there is a strong NIMBY undercurrent.

5 Likes

Took this from the Cardinal bar today. Also, not a bad pic of my car…lol

7 Likes

The yellow or the blue car :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m going to guess the yellow one

1 Like

Lol cmon someone as snarky as me? The black one… :grin:

2 Likes

The fiat? :wink::laughing:

You mean the Scion on the left?

I didn’t read ahead!

1 Like

I like to think I inspired this shot.
That being said, you can’t park in that lot as a patron for Cardinal. So, yours is one of the ones on the street?

1 Like

Yes u can! I’ll get a pic of the sign next time. :grin:

It’s the black Genesis in the foreground. I’m sorry for making this about my car. :confounded: I just thought the progress from the Cardinal was cool. I went there a few months ago and it was barely out of the ground.

3 Likes

My car is going to be 20 years old in May. :grin: It’s older than some of the people who participate in this community!

7 Likes

20 years ago I was about to finish my junior year of high school. I didn’t have a car.

Apparently I like new cars and new buildings. But I actually like old cars and old buildings more.

3 Likes

Okay, I feel really old right now.

1 Like

Ugh. Me too. 38 years ago I was a junior in high school. But we digress. Current picture from the south side. The “thing” they are building in front of the parking deck is getting taller and isn’t a ramp.

8 Likes

I would like to believe that it’s something similar to the appendage on the east side of the garage, but the jury is still out for me.

I actually walked over next to that spot yesterday to try to figure out what that is. And I think it is a ramp tho. Assuming several of the other entrances to the deck can be accessed by everyone, but the higher levels are reserved for the tenants, I could see a ramp leading from the exit on the right side to the entrance on the left side (one level up) for the tenants to move through. That was my speculation at least. Time will tell.

2 Likes