Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

If you zoom in you can see the crane now but it will pop up just under the court house (from this angle) once topped out. :grin:

1 Like

31 Likes

I’m out of town this week but when I get back I’ll post an update.

1 Like

17 Likes

That’s really great. I’m having a hard time placing this in present day Raleigh, though. Where is this?

This would be standing on or near Harrington Street looking east. That’s Martin Street with the cars lined up on the right side of the photo and right-side background, you can see the storefronts that are still there today. (307 West Martin Street, I believe the address is) We’re talking about those storefronts in this thread.

Behind the train was the former station that faced Nash Square.

5 Likes

19 Likes

You can just see the old Durham Life/new county courthouse annex looming there in the left. Pretty darn awesome pic! Thanks for posting it @bamaspam

1 Like
14 Likes

I’m going to guess that this wasn’t taken with an iphone.

2 Likes

You can safely assume anything I take from the ground is taken with an iPhone.

4 Likes

How did you get your iphone to do that? Mine takes shitty night photos?

2 Likes

Point. Shoot. :grin:
Have the latest iPhone?

2 Likes

A tribute to its designer, Steve Schuster. I wish he could have seen it bustling with travelers, Highspeed to DC, inter-regional rail & RUS.

2 Likes

Raleigh is a fast changing city. Wouldn’t a many-years-long time line of the skyline be awesome?

Here’s a fellow who has been capturing a shot of NYC from NJ for the last 4 years. He grabs a shot every 30 seconds. A project like this would be great from the Raleigh money-shot location!

6 Likes

raleighskyline.com

15 years and pretty sure there is a time lapse in there somewhere.

Here ya go, a bit outdated though. Dunno if there is a more recent one.

Raleigh's growth visualized: A 14 year time-lapse of Raleigh from RaleighSkyline.com - YouTube

7 Likes

That was great! I’ve followed Matt Robinson for over a decade but didn’t know he had a YouTube chan.
That time lapse was cool, with the rising of the Wake County courthouse, RBC tower, and the 11 story charter 1.

6 Likes

Matt is such a huge asset to this city, I don’t think he gets enough recognition.

7 Likes

Why isn’t he on this community? …or is he?

What if… @OakCityDylan and Matt Robinson… Are the same person?! :thinking::face_with_monocle:

4 Likes