Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

I’ve actually been working on a scale model of Fayetteville St. for awhile now — though it’s only about half completed, and I’m using card stock instead of Legos.

3 Likes

Snapped these yesterday. It’s going to be interesting to see the spaces fill in over the next several years.

12 Likes

There is this Instagram called Olde Raleigh which is neat if y’all want to check it out

1 Like

What grid? It looks like the Death Star crash landed. (not your fault, it’s just what the City and State have done to this place…you have done an excellent and true copy)

2 Likes

Just draw a straight line from the Dillon roof. Every new building built after the FNB tower will be the same height lol. 250 feet limit.

1 Like

-I don’t know anything about the municipal building. That’s just a placeholder. Could be considerably taller if it’s 20 floors of office.

-The Nexus did the tiered sections thing to give the illusion of multiple buildings. No details about the other buildings yet, so I’m just leaving the rest of the old N&O complex until we know more.

44 Likes

You know that you are going to end up being the “likes” champ as you continue to build this model! :wink:

4 Likes

Cascading likes add up too…just look at Reddit.

Found this on Reddit

12 Likes

That’s a really cool filter and angle you don’t see often. Some of those early 1900’s midrises show up here; that Wells Fargo tower and the Wake County Courthouse look great too.

Look at all that space out to the Dillon… the Warehouse district is going to pop with all those new projects on the way.

4 Likes

Yet another from Reddit.
Why aren’t these people on here?!

17 Likes

Imagine those surface lots NOT there.

1 Like

Did you invite them? :grinning:

2 Likes

The other night on my way back from hockey I noticed that the night time view of downtown from the Person St Hammond exit is amazing. I would have stopped and taken a picture but a) I was exhausted as it was almost 2am #old and B) I’m bad at taking pictures. But if anyone has good equipment and skills and wanted to get a good shot the top of the ramp headed into town seems to be a great spot.

5 Likes

That’s my favorite view

1 Like

I would but I don’t want to dox myself by revealing my identity on Reddit.

3 Likes

View from Transfer Warehouse…

and profile…

19 Likes

Transfer Co. Food Hall

10 Likes

From the Origin Hotel parking deck
I walk by this block a lot with my dog but I never can seem to time it to where I show up on the construction cam.

11 Likes

By the time it pops it’ll be the former warehouse district.

1 Like