Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

The District Formerly Known As Warehouse

1 Like

26 Likes

13 Likes

Picture of Fayetteville Street from the restaurant atop the Holiday Inn!

14 Likes

Oh, so THAT’S where this familiar shot is taken!!!

1 Like

A few pics I took downtown today…

17 Likes

Beautiful pictures, thank you!

Number 3 of 4 that shows NH’s, can you tell us from where/balcony was this photo taken?
Again my thanks! :hugs::blush:

1 Like

Thank you! That’s from the Origin Hotel parking deck

3 Likes

I was up there earlier today!

1 Like

Pics, or didn’t happen :grin:

1 Like

12 Likes

Some pretty little houses in that last pic

1 Like

I love those houses! I actually looked on Zillow for them. Very expensive for the size, but they’re cool looking and bright, and in a great location

3 Likes

Drove by here with my wife the other day, she called them our version of the Painted Ladies in SF.

5 Likes

Those are my favorite houses in the city. The new Caraleigh development off Maywood has a similar design/.

1 Like

The ones on Maywood (Caraleigh Commons), Dorthea Gardens (what is in the photo) and Rosengarten are all the same developer, Cityspace . They started life sort of as slum lords and quickly converted into a historic rehab company when the City started tearing their stuff down on ‘little’ S Saunders and the feedback was so positive on the rehabs they started building new stuff with historic style details. Great example of the appeal of historic fabric and structures.

4 Likes

They are kinda still slumlords (see burned out shotguns on S Saunders and properties acquired on Lake Wheeler), but who’s keeping track?

I live in one of their houses. I love the house, but it’s had a lot of pretty major issues that a new house shouldn’t have, so I have mixed feelings about Cityspace.

I live in one of Richard’s houses too. We haven’t had any problems(knock on wood, gently) I think he’s gotten the hang of it as he’s gone along. Now it would be really nice if he took care of the vacant lots and dilapidated houses he’s holding on to waiting for other projects.

I live about One and a Half miles south of Caraleigh off Lake Wheeler Rd and I never knew that these homes were there, they are wonderful homes.

20 Likes