Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

For every 100 pictures, one usually turns out cool.

52 Likes

400H Gonna really help this view!

19 Likes

…and then RUSBus is gonna eclipse nearly all of it :sunglasses:

18 Likes

25 Likes

Nice post framing up DTR by the :wolf: pack for the 919…

25 Likes

Damn hell yeah! Almost looking like a real city there!!! :joy: 301 H really doing wonders for the girth of our skyline, can’t wait to see how 400H increases it!

10 Likes

That traffic circle needs a larger than life statue of David Thompson!

10 Likes

Two statues. Thompson and Roman Gabriel.

1 Like

Together, holding up a victory torch!

1 Like

I found all the Raleigh fountains! They were at the Farmers Market the entire time :rofl:

17 Likes

Earlier tonight at the Bluegrass Festival!

30 Likes

I admire the amount of events we have in physical downtown.
Atlanta of course has tons events, but they’re always tucked away in parks. Raleigh let’s them basically take over our entire downtown and it makes for a great atmosphere.

12 Likes

It was very nice last night. Not too crowded and a great atmosphere! I’m glad they were able to pull it off.

8 Likes

I went Friday night and it was terrific…especially for free! Frankly, I was just out walking and wandered into it, which turned into a couple of hours enjoying it.

10 Likes

22 Likes

Hargett Place???

1 Like

(Copperhead?) snake on a NCMA trail.
:snake:

4 Likes

From Hodge Road exit at I87 in Knightdale. I’ll try to go back for a clearer shot. One of my favorite things is trying to see how far glimpses of the downtown skyline can be seen from any given point with the hilly topography we have here. I’m also very curious if there is any place out there where the NH and downtown skylines are both visible from a ground perspective… probably not with all the hills and trees but that would be cool

23 Likes

Oh yikes. That’s my go to trail

The traffic camera at 540 and 87 sometimes catches both. I’ve only seen it angled that way once though.

2 Likes