Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

This church needs to get rid of that yellowed plastic over the stained glass, and maybe to talk to a landscaper about their roof tree…

9 Likes

My church had the same storm windows, though ours were not as big. It was unbelievable expensive to replace them with clear, custom tempered glass. Its made a huge difference, inside & out, worth the high cost.

2 Likes

But did you have a year round rooftop Christmas tree?

2 Likes

Ha, no. Though I will admit our home tree is still up.

2 Likes

Still up? Like from 10 months ago? Lol!

Also a few more from the AC Hotel rooftop. Clouds rolling through made for some dramatically different lighting. I wish I was an actual photographer!

30 Likes

Nice! Love seeing the second skyline (NoHi) in the northern view (1) and wow, what a sweet parking apparatus creating a foundation for DTR’s newest hulking tower (2/3). :grin:

7 Likes

is their rooftop still not open to the public?

It’s kind of open to the public, kind of like how the staff kind of wears masks…lol. I actually called and they said it’s ok for like a couple of curious people, but not for big groups. They did say it’s gonna be 25+, which isn’t a bad idea. Really nice space up there.

6 Likes

Yes, actually been up since Christmas 2019.
These pics look great to me! The Walter is towering!

6 Likes

NW View from inside Two Hannover Square/BB&T yesterday

19 Likes

No kidding. That photo really underscores how stark that deck. The second photo is picturesque, and then your eye wanders to the left…

At this point Paul, I’d say “it’s already up”.

3 Likes

I believe that’s the retirement community tower crane in North Hills that you’re referring to in the first pic - Iron Works would be off to the right of this shot!

2 Likes

There’s a lot of potential in this view. I wish the CAM project was moving forward. That would change that whole block.

1 Like

From the rooftop at the AC (Willard) hotel.

28 Likes

Look at that Shimmer on that building!

1 Like

It’s not not moving forward! I know the rezoning passed, but now they’re just sitting on it. Likely waiting for RUSBus to build up to test the potential market in that immediate area, idk

2 Likes

As in like, an age minimum to get in (to rooftop) once they’re open?

(25+ comment)

The person we spoke with said that they were going to be 25+ with additional comments pointing to their newness and the ongoing Covid precautions being the reason. I interpreted that as they may change that at some point, but for now (once they open officially), they will be 25+.

5 Likes

Anyone working at Union Station? :grinning:

23 Likes