Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

20 Likes

17 Likes

great sky. :revolving_hearts::medal_sports::penguin:plus more

4 Likes

Moon shot from the kitchen!

20 Likes

That’s fine with me, as I can sit with the big kids. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t also a motive to keep the college crowd away and preserve the ‘sanctity’ of the vibe. While hotel bars aren’t typically a first choice for young people (IMO), I could see Level 7 being over run with college kids all the time if NH was closer to State. But yeah, “social distancing” is an easier cover to use than posted signs that say “sorry kids, this ain’t it— Cornerstone’s down the street” lmao

4 Likes

Was this a pop up event? I’d love to see this space activated more and am curious about this period of activation o:

Damn the street light and damn my phone for not being able to better capture moon shots. The moon is absolutely huge tonight!!!

10 Likes

It’s the DRAs outdoor office event! It’s really great check it out.

2 Likes

Various angles on the sunrise this morning.

35 Likes

I like that your first shot is basically the “Original Big 3” skyline shot that we’ve seen over and over since PNC was built, but that last shot shows the true scope of the skyline and how much growth it has seen. Looking forward to this shot needing to be taken further and further out to catch everything as it grows up!

10 Likes

A couple more moon shots with a not great phone camera and photo bombing streetlight.

41 Likes

I want to especially love that last one!
:star_struck:

3 Likes

Today’s Outdoor Office scene at RUS.

Google Photos

19 Likes

They really should make this an outdoor office permanently. Get a pop up coffee shop stand and this space would be beautifully activated everyday.

6 Likes

Really wish I could make use of this! It’s so hard since I need 2 screens pretty much at all times.

8 Likes

I have to say it’s not optimal for everyone. The glare on my screen wasn’t great and I prefer having more screen real estate for what I do.

It’s nice to have and I’d definitely go once a week or so to wind the day down, or start off with a coffee perhaps.

3 Likes

If only there were more tall buildings to provide shadows!

7 Likes

My best guess of how the future skyline may appear from this angle with only what we know is being built / proposed + approved (so I didn’t include N&O lot/Possible Nexus dev- though wasn’t that approved for 40 story rezoning?

22 Likes

Green = prospective Nexus 40 story development

Red = horribly underdeveloped Enterprise lot hotel IF built as proposed and approved so far…

20 Likes

And finally, Blue = if the CAM / HQ block is redeveloped as approved

24 Likes