Platform and West End II - Development at W Cabarrus/S Saunders

I just zoom in………….
:rofl:

1 Like

17 Likes

Here are some pictures I took yesterday.

16 Likes

The project coordinator sent an update this morning about the “parking deck erection” (his words, not mine). They’re setting up the crane for installing the precast concrete for the parking deck today. Starting Monday, there will be parades of tractor trailers delivering concrete nearly every day until July. Lots of action coming up.

17 Likes

I mean, hey, some people just really like parking decks…

That’s a great update! Not that decks are that inspiring, but it’s cool to see the prefab ones take shape so quickly. Like a giant Lego set.

4 Likes

Where do you think baby parking decks come from?

3 Likes

That’s gotta be the fastest erection in history.

1 Like

decks that got buried :grin:

Mobile crane for parking deck erection. :building_construction:

25 Likes

I’m getting all tingly!

3 Likes

First time for me seeing it coming out of the ground from this angle…

20 Likes

It sure does look like that deck is getting an erection.

3 Likes

Jokes aside, I actually hadn’t realized that. The preformed deck pieces have started going up. This is going to have a much greater presence very soon

2 Likes

I took these the other day and forgot to post them.

27 Likes

IMG_6772

April 24th update photos of the progress at the Platform.

31 Likes

Technically 3 cranes on this site now. Also a semi-unique angle.

EDIT: additional shots

24 Likes

I was just thinking this morning that I need to take a photo of the Dupont warehouses as seen from Cabarrus because that view didn’t exist before demolition and won’t exist for much longer. Looks like you’ve captured a few!

4 Likes

The parking deck looks impressive from up here, but the entire development is really taking off with them establishing the second floor now. More pics to come.

18 Likes

Street level shots

26 Likes

44 Likes