Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

E-mail I received…

The Midtown-St. Albans Area Plan is in the final stages. We hope you will take a moment to review the project reports and check out our interactive map to see how the proposed changes may affect you.

Join us for a virtual “Ask-A-Planner” meeting on August 20 at 7 p.m. and talk to city planners about the project. Questions can be submitted beginning August 18 via email or voicemail. We look forward to hearing from you!

Have questions now?

Jason Hardin, AICP
Senior Planner
919-996-2657
jason.hardin@raleighnc.gov

8 Likes

I guess this means we’re not getting the interesting connected towers building.

It does appear to be the case, that’s the Accenture building is behind the concept image. So I wonder why this was change and if they have a new render of the entire site?

Where’d you see that? I didn’t see that on the plans

I just see it as they are building the two buildings in separate phases and not at the same time. The same thing was done with that building on six forks just north of north hills. The one with the curves.

3 Likes

You mean the picture? It’s on this website: https://midtownexchangenc.com/

1 Like

Perhaps but it seems like you’d have to at least design the building with the connector in mind and that doesn’t seem to be the case with the plans posted above. The connector is integrated into the building.

Where you see the two story bump-out on the upper floors is where a connector could go. If they still plan to have one, the structure would be designed so that it could be added. You can’t have a connector until you build the second building.

2 Likes

No, I was asking about where it says they are no longer building those towers in the plans because they most say that they are still building them :joy:

The connector is clearly in the drawing but not extended yet because it won’t be until both towers are completed

1 Like

That connector makes me think that it’s some kind of executive-level Habitrail.

2 Likes

Advance Auto Parts Tower @ North Hills

Dead Tree

Nail in tire

17 Likes

I guess this tower is “opening” soon! Too bad it won’t really be used for who knows how long.

1 Like

not sure if this is the proper thread, but it looks like HUB RTP is well underway. They were bulldozing old buildings and doing what looked to be site prep. RTP seems to be experiencing a renaissance of sorts!

17 Likes

The Walter is already 6 or so stories tall.

20 Likes

This thing is off and racing!

2 Likes

They should teach the 301 Hillsborough folks how to do it…

3 Likes

One thing you’ll notice is that the slabs for the residential floors are thinner than the parking deck slabs, and I wonder if that allows them to go faster for those floors. And Walter is all residential.

3 Likes

Absolutely, considering that concrete gets into place one crane lifted bucket at a time

2 Likes

Why aren’t they using a concrete pump?