Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

A quick recap for anyone else who forgot what was going on with that parcel: Atlas Stark plans to build a 3-story medical office at 3700 Barrett Dr.

16 Likes

They can cry about it, my keyboard warrior energy is thriving. But yes Dallas just announced it’s own North Hills.

2 Likes

We need your time and energy at city Townhall meetings fighting for the yimby cause, Livible Raleigh and One Wake cleaned house Sir, Yimbys got spanked, being a keyboard warrior is not netting results :grinning:.

2 Likes

I can come but you guys have to message me here I don’t know if I’ll reveal my Twitter on here as I’m keeping my identity secret and plan to wear a face mask at council meetings. But since don’t show my face on the bird app, and Livable Raleigh trolls already stalk me their and here so here it is @chocomongo

2 Likes

This you?

PGA Superstore coming to the former Lifetime Fitness/current UNC Urgent Care spot near Wegmans at 601 Six Forks.

Another good tenant for Midtown East that’ll keep people coming in.

10 Likes

And I know it’s on the back of everyone’s brains so i will go ahead and confirm… yes, it has been explicitly stated that they will be selling Pickleball gear!

No I’m a Lego character profile pic.

Then double check the twitter handle @chocomongo you posted, because that is exactly what you typed.

Let’s keep this on topic, please.

8 Likes

Just a couple of shots around Midtown, plus a rendering of the new and improved Coastal Credit Union HQ.

37 Likes

Anyone know when the residential component of MTX is getting started? I was surprised they did the office building before the residential considering the market.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve never understood why they chose the riskiest market over the market with the highest demand in decades.

1 Like

On a personal level, I’m happy they built the risky one first. The residential should be fine to still get built. The other way around usually means the office or hotel portion falls off.

5 Likes

Hopefully, they still build the second office building (2000 Social I believe it’s called) as it would look quite wonky with just one as-is.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the skybridge between the two, so I hope so too. But I’d actually be happy if they just built the bridge and building 1, and never built building 2. Skybridge to nowhere. Pretty iconic…

2 Likes

A little bungy jump would totally be fine with me

3 Likes

Huge crane going up this afternoon in the middle of six Forks right by the Eastern tower. 2 of 3 lanes on north bound six forks blocked. Snarling traffic all around.

Anyone know what this is for?

1 Like

Cooling tower replacement on Captrust tower

2 Likes