Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

I was about to write something about fountain on top but thought that would be to much. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Not gonna touch that. Waay too easy.

Thatā€™s what she (or he) saidā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

A final view of North Hillā€™s Tower 4 from Dec 31.

At least it has more office floors than garage floors. Looks like theyā€™re on the 20th now! :smile:

17 Likes

And they are starting the glass!

3 Likes

If this is in regards to Crabtree, I find it super surprising. Hotels are popping up all around the mall, and the area is in need of more higher-end brands. If the Westin even gets going, I could see something like Omni coming in and being part of this development. I mean, itā€™s the busiest mall in the region, itā€™s bound to have some cache.

3 Likes

It is crazy to me that we donā€™t already have a Westin. I would love to see any high end brands like W, Renaissance, Ritz Carlton, JW Marriott, St Regis, Waldorf, etc

I know these brands are all over the place but Iā€™m just really excited for the potential of any nice high end anything!

7 Likes

Well, thereā€™s already a Renaissance in Raleigh, but itā€™s not downtown; itā€™s at North Hills.

3 Likes

The first ā€˜highishā€™ rise in North Hills! heh

Snagged a shot of the Raleigh Renaissance the other day.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying this for years

1 Like

Itā€™s going to be tough to get the ultra-luxury brands to the market. These are your Ritz-Carltons, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Waldorf.

However, I do see it possible for another 4-star hotel to come to the city. Currently there are 2 - Renaissance North Hills, and supposedly the Marriott downtown (Iā€™m skeptical of that). However, i could definitely see an Omni, or a Hyatt, or Westin come to downtown. The market is right for them, but the need for them has to be justified. Thereā€™s a reason AC hotels and Moxy hotels are the mid-luxury hotels booming at the moment. Same with Tru, Home2, and Canopy. Thereā€™s a lot of investment needed in hotels over 300 rooms, so we are in a tough spot there.

3 Likes

I think that the challenge for Raleigh is the sort of ā€œindustryā€ that is the core of the city. State government isnā€™t going to support luxury brands, and neither will NC State. Also, with tech being the main employer of large scale private industry downtown (and working in tech myself), I can tell you that it doesnā€™t typically support luxury brands either.

2 Likes

The ratio of Marriot vs. Hilton hotels is like 10/2 and itā€™s a shame. We could at least get one 5 star Hilton like jeez

1 Like

I switched. Iā€™ll take the Marriotts. :grin:

AAP Tower I think has topped out, if you notice on the wooden part straight up the building (you canā€™t see it in this picture) the listed the floor numbers. They listed up to 21 skipping floor 13.

7 Likes

10 floors of parking, 10 floors of actual building.

I canā€™t wait until they start on the Walter, that will be a behemoth in Midtown!

10 Likes

Are the floor decks in the parking portion level or ramped?

Itā€™s not that I donā€™t like Marriot, we just need more Hilton branded hotels

1 Like

The Walter better have a 5 star hotel :point_up:t4: If it doesnā€™t Iā€™m going to be unimpressed and very disappointed