Sites 2 & 3, Omni CC Hotel + Tower

Look at THIIISSSSS

49 Likes

two thumbs up :grin:

5 Likes

that’s what I am talking about

4 Likes

The Mayor said “I want to emphasize GREAT DESIGN, I want to emphasize GREAT DESIGN, I want to emphasize GREAT DESIGN”.

“Reinforce the message [of great design]” to the stakeholders.

Hopefully those comments mean something to the interested parties.

12 Likes

Wait, that’s not Raleigh, NC is it? Must be a misprint.

8 Likes

This city will beat you down at times.

3 Likes

Imagine the money shot with a project like that!

6 Likes

Tonight, the stakeholders will be releasing a website for the project and will include promotion information and a video. If someone can get that URL it would be awesome.

Also, the stakeholders will be promoting this project and the RFI details at the ALIS Conference 2020.

https://www.ahla.com/events/alis

ALIS is the leading and largest hotel investment conference in the world, attracting nearly 3,000 of the industry’s top leaders. Featuring numerous networking opportunities and an extensive array of seminars and panels by hotel industry experts, discussing the important trends and new opportunities for the year ahead, this event is not to be missed!

8 Likes

Is it supposed to be https://raleighnc.gov/hotelcc ? Site doesn’t seem to work as of right now.

That link might have been temporary as they were going to show the video at the meeting but due to delays it was not shown. I think there’s going to be a separate website just for this project but I’m not sure.

Any insights on the timeline for potential groundbreaking?

1 Like

I believe the request is written so that there’s no pressure to close on this project until the perfect partner is found.

2 Likes

This deserves a separate thread! @dtraleigh!!

this image from Travis Bailey on twitter might be higher res

28 Likes

I just fell out of my damn chair! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Varying :clap:Building :clap: Heights :clap: Create :clap:Visual :clap: Drama :clap:

13 Likes

Is this something that was proposed and I just missed it?

It is just a teaser for the RFI process. The actual design will be 99% completely different. But nevertheless it shows how bold the council envisions this project in terms of height and design

5 Likes

Bold move city, marketing their land like the private sector… paying for fancy renderings and everything. Nice.

4 Likes

That looks sweet! Glad somebody with the city is thinking like this!

2 Likes