The Junction at Five Points

Here are some photos from the July Artist of the month installation by Jonathan Massullo. There is also a short video here of the installation: Capital Associates on LinkedIn: The Junction at Five Points - July Artist of the Month - J Massullo

14 Likes

Been following Jonathan Massullo for a while now, he’s one of the best mural artists in the area!

Same, I was thrilled with what he brought to the project!

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that the Murals will come down next week, so if you have not had a chance to stop by 1501 Sunrise avenue to see them, this long weekend is the perfect chance!
Best,
Jed

8 Likes

Wow, these are awesome.
Will they go to the artist after they come down? For sale?
Thanks

Construction has started on this project. A parade of dump trucks going by my house has been starting every morning at 6am. I walked by yesterday evening and they’ve gutted the warehouse and cleared quite a bit of land.

19 Likes

Thanks, Evan! The plan is to move the murals into the shell space once complete. The art is currently in storage.

2 Likes

Yup, construction started in early September. Have you noticed a sharp decrease in dump truck traffic? The grading was finished a few weeks back. We are going to try and keep some photo updates on our website: The Junction at Five Points Construction Updates - Capital Associates

4 Likes

The sand filter boxes shown here are only one part of the underground storm water system. We will be adding an array of 48" pipes to detain water as well.

Thought y’all might find this interesting. The easiest way to remove old ballast (aka pebbles) from the roof of a warehouse is to suck them off using a giant vacuum! By my estimate we have about 250,000 lbs of ballast.

16 Likes

Just walked by and it looks like construction is wrapping up! Anyone know if any tenants have been announce?