The Weld, Hammell Drive Mixed-Use, Lake Wheeler Road

Someone would be stupid not to build a hotel across the street from Dix Park, that’s for sure!

8 Likes

IMO and unfortunately, DTR has its share of stupid. Once could argue an over-abundance :wink:
And yes, I do say that in jest, just as the parent of a child is the only person allowed to actually say that their kid may be ugly, but you can’t or you’ll get punched… :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I count 6 floors built on the east building. These are going up fast. I really hope the city will start work on the street redesign soon because the towers are starting too look really out of place against the rundown look of the infrastructure around it.

10 Likes

Construction to begin Spring 2025 per schedule found here:

Lake Wheeler Road Improvement Project

Was scheduled to start Fall 2024 as recently as three months ago.

Currently in right-of-way and easement acquisition.

14 Likes

Moving on up :+1:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

Dang. That is great video. This project really is much bigger than it appears from street level.

2 Likes

Phase 2 of both The Weld and Park City South will help make a big impact on the neighborhoods surrounding Dix Park. Just imagine 5 years from now, 6 or so more towers may be in the planning stage (10-20+ stories).

5 Likes

The north views from the mid-level apartments might be the best views as you’ll get the buildings and the tree tops.

2 Likes

Have you guy visited the the triangle business journal in facebook yet if I need to upload not uploaded

7 Likes

This is kinda unprecedented in Raleigh - two 20-story towers being built side by side at the same time - is it not?? It’s going to have such an immediate impact on the area when completed.

20 Likes

Just get them build without stirring the pot, I say.

1 Like

Yeah, it really is a watershed moment for Raleigh housing. Hopefully folks will realize that the world didn’t come to end because of it and be less resistant in the future.

9 Likes

Another video update :cityscape::deciduous_tree::

18 Likes

Fayetteville Street District: “Can I have some development, brother?”

7 Likes

Boy, nothing gets in the way of building for these guys :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

39 Likes

Quick question are you able to do a tour

Not a great spot for street level pictures of this one, but it’s gonna have a huge impact on Dix.

32 Likes

Just imagine the shadows! The park will die. :wink:

2 Likes

Is there a possibility that the actual tower section of this development will be constructed using steel? I’m curious because in this snip, it seems like there are steel beams located just behind the development. I might be mistaken, but I wanted to inquire about this potential detail.

16 Likes