AC Hotel Raleigh Downtown

Wow that is pretty nice looking. I very much like that style

9 posts were split to a new topic: Just For Fun: Fun with Architectural Renderings

A post was merged into an existing topic: Just For Fun: Fun with Architectural Renderings

That will be a great addition to this block! Love the pedestrian activation on the sidewalk. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Anticipated start of construction is Q3 2019.

6 Likes

Sweet. Not sure what is taking them so long to get started, but glad it’s happening! Definitely a nice connection for Glenwood South to Bloc 83 and beyond. Do you know if demo is happening before Q3, or starting then?

1 Like

@dtraleigh are these slightly different than what you posted on Feb 5th on your site? I personally like the look of what you previously posted better. But either way… I’m really excited about this much needed hotel. I like the color and materials used.

Also do they still plan to have the top 2 floors as condos for sale?

1 Like

It’s the most up-to-date so I assume things have changed. No news on any change to the upper floor condos but things change all the time so we’ll see.

3 Likes

The drawings that were put out for pricing are marked as 60% Marriott Submittal so probably more tweaks to come.

Looking forward to the next round of renders.

Maybe they’ll have more stunts for us to find, like this kid about to Parkour off the flower base.

2019-04-03%2013_26_29-The%20Willard%20Hotel%20-%20New%20Construction%20-%20DTRaleigh%20Community-Kid

7 Likes

The Willard Hotel should have building permits this summer .

5 Likes

And a Parkour course? /sorry

Great to see this get started in a few months.

4 Likes

Check out the guy doing the push ups on the side walk in the original images.

I’ll just stop here on this sidewalk and do 20.
willard1

8 Likes

Nobody noticed the fencing going up around this site?

6 Likes

Well, we’d all enjoy some photographic evidence. :wink:

1 Like

I’m in Alaska otherwise I would provide proof!

1 Like

14 Likes

That’s great news! As close as I live to there, it’s not a daily route so thanks!

2 Likes

Finally! I thought this project might’ve died. Do they actually have building permits? Or even demo permits for the current buildings?