The Willard Hotel

Wow that is pretty nice looking. I very much like that style

0 Likes

split this topic #23

9 posts were split to a new topic: Just For Fun: Fun with Architectural Renderings

0 Likes

split this topic #24

A post was merged into an existing topic: Just For Fun: Fun with Architectural Renderings

0 Likes

That will be a great addition to this block! Love the pedestrian activation on the sidewalk. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Anticipated start of construction is Q3 2019.

5 Likes

Sweet. Not sure what is taking them so long to get started, but glad it’s happening! Definitely a nice connection for Glenwood South to Bloc 83 and beyond. Do you know if demo is happening before Q3, or starting then?

1 Like

@dtraleigh are these slightly different than what you posted on Feb 5th on your site? I personally like the look of what you previously posted better. But either way… I’m really excited about this much needed hotel. I like the color and materials used.

Also do they still plan to have the top 2 floors as condos for sale?

1 Like

It’s the most up-to-date so I assume things have changed. No news on any change to the upper floor condos but things change all the time so we’ll see.

3 Likes

The drawings that were put out for pricing are marked as 60% Marriott Submittal so probably more tweaks to come.

0 Likes

Looking forward to the next round of renders.

Maybe they’ll have more stunts for us to find, like this kid about to Parkour off the flower base.

2019-04-03%2013_26_29-The%20Willard%20Hotel%20-%20New%20Construction%20-%20DTRaleigh%20Community-Kid

4 Likes

The Willard Hotel should have building permits this summer .

3 Likes

And a Parkour course? /sorry

Great to see this get started in a few months.

3 Likes

Check out the guy doing the push ups on the side walk in the original images.

0 Likes

I’ll just stop here on this sidewalk and do 20.
willard1

5 Likes