Western Boulevard Kmart closing by EOY

That’s what I was referring to in my previous post. I just didn’t know the name. I also didn’t care enough to research it.

2 Likes

I work in downtown Raleigh, but I live in Cary. It’s a big deal to me and I hope they get started on it soon. I suspect a lot of Raleigh residents will come visiting once it opens…

I wasn’t saying that it wasn’t a big deal. I was just saying that I didn’t care enough to find out the name. That’s all. No hidden agenda or hating.

2 Likes

It’s called Fenton because it’s the middle name of Samuel Fenton Cary a prohibitionist who was a US Representative from Ohio. And of course whom the town of Cary was named after. I gave you some context so that maybe you would care a little more… haha

2 Likes

Interesting…Cary is named for a prohibitionist. Is this where Cary gets its prohibition of color?

2 Likes

Really? I didn’t know you were one of those people… City of Raleigh is 59% white. Cary is 69% white. While that is a difference I wouldn’t say that it is all that significant. Anyway, I am definitely done with this conversation. Have a great day!

Lol he meant the ordinances about buildings needing to be beige and earthtones

14 Likes

Yeah that’s what I got from that as well…

This thread didn’t turn awkward at all LOL.

2 Likes

OMG. My comment had NOTHING to do with race. It was a joke about how everything in Cary is beige. I apologize that I wasn’t more clear.

4 Likes

Uh, yeah. That’s exactly what I meant. Thanks for seeing that and for interceding in the conversation. I wouldn’t want any unnecessary and unintended triggering to continue to fester!

5 Likes

Sarcasm and jokes pretty much require an emoji or hashtag these days.

4 Likes

I tried using a sarcasm tag once <"/"Sarcasm> (sans the quotes) and it actually tried to make it a tag. Two things the internet needs is an actual sarcasm font (maybe like italics but the other direction) and widespread use of the interrobang. (‽)

3 Likes

I wonder if I should create an official sarcasm “how-to” for this site. As in, I encourage it. :grin:

5 Likes

I’m hoping that TedF is seeing these follow-up comments to the misinterpretation.

1 Like

I saw them. Sorry that I interpreted your comment wrongly. I have been on the receiving end of Cary critics about race before so I thought it was just more of the same. Cary is very beige but then again so is downtown Raleigh if you ask me…

3 Likes

So, back to the subject at hand. Does anyone know if the Kmart on Western is closed yet?

Thanks!

Yes, it has closed. It has closed, I say (20 character minimum)

7 Likes

Closed, I do declare

1 Like

A treasure lost! (looking for the facetious icon)

I had a chance to speak yesterday with the owner of the batting cage that operates in this building. The company just signed a fresh multi-year lease to remain in the property. The owners of the building do not anticipate redeveloping it for at least a few more years, apparently. I was very happy for the folks at the batting cage, but it looks like there’s going to be a huge empty parking lot at this location for many years to come.

1 Like