William Peace and Seaboard Station

angry-fist

13 Likes

Raleigh newbie here. Curious what used to be in the retail space next to O2 Fitness? I was walking by yesterday and noticed quite a few “Triangle’s Best” stickers from Indyweek on the vacant storefront.

3 Likes

The one @Seaboard? If so, that may have been Seaboard Wine.

5 Likes

@John also meant to enthusiastically welcome you to Raleigh!
:clap:t3:

7 Likes

Thanks @John and @OakCityDylan!

2 Likes

Slightly off topic here I suppose, but are they definitely doing Block C before the Block A hotel at Seaboard?

8 Likes

Unless something changes yes. Apartments are more or less a sure thing and hotels are in the can

4 Likes

I was hoping the HGI project was a sign of them popping back, if only because the hotel is the most visible aspect of that development from outside Seaboard. Still, Block C is good, I ain’t looking that gift horse in the mouth.

1 Like

The economics of building a new hotel are complicated (and interesting!) but I think the HGI developer is an owner/operator whereas Hoffman is just a developer that would need to engage a separate hotelier (maybe one they have under contract but there’s still more moving pieces).

Hotels will probably be back in the medium term, although I don’t think business travel will ever fully rebound. Then again if I knew it all I’d be making more money.

6 Likes

Rezoning for the Logan’s property → 20 floors…

11 Likes

Looks like a great place for a train depot/station: :wink:

20 Likes

34 Likes

This has the potential to be linked with whatever happens with the eventual, (supposedly pending) S-line purchase.

1 Like

Now that would be awesome! :+1:

1 Like

Are those solar panels on the overhang?

1 Like

Zooming in on my app, I don’t “think” so.

2 Likes

I’m nearly certain Logans had a sign out front for a long time indicating they have solar through NC Solar Now (remember it cause that is where we got our panels from too). That’s a big array though if all of those are panels! :sun_with_face:

12 Likes

I believe these are solar panels. 98%

7 Likes

Need you to land the bird on one and see if it starts charging :joy:

4 Likes

40 Likes