Appearance and Design in DTR

We don’t need Japanese or German architects (nothing against them). We need developers that care about and are willing to pay for good design. NC State College of Design grads and many other area architects are more than capable of great designs if given the budget to do it.

11 Likes

I adore Japanese architecture - if Kane randomly decided to ball out and hire Tadao Ando or Sanaa I’d be cheering from the roof.

1 Like

Remember the international architectural firm that the city hired?
Do I really need to say more? Could have saved a few pennies on that end and had NCSU School of Design do its own contest and save some money :moneybag: :thinking:

The idea that the answer to projects getting caught in permitting and financing limbo is settling for mediocre buildings designed by amateurs is… not where I would have gone.

But they have no budget why choose someone with lesser resources than the one with better money. Guys if you tired of mediocre design then act tired you should want that here.

Instead we got mediocre design at the cost of professionals, including the cost and lost opportunities of design local… :thinking:

1 Like

I really like the municipal building design, personally. When it feels like a lot of contemporary buildings try too hard to stand out (hi J Davis), a nice clean grid stands out in a good way.

1 Like