Bloodworth rezoning

Not everything rezoning is for 40 stories! Looks like there’s been a rezoning request for this small(ish) 2-acre lot on Bloodworth and Saints Ave. Looks like they’re asking to rezone from Heavy Industrial to 5-story Mixed-Use. It’s around a bunch of warehouses, but you don’t usually see 5 story warehouses here. Any idea what they might build here?

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: South Park Neighborhood - Warehouses, Old Greyhound, and Cargill Site

A post was merged into an existing topic: South Park Neighborhood - Warehouses, Old Greyhound, and Cargill Site

My guess would be a Texas :doughnut:

1 Like

I think that’s a parking garage for Goodnight’s warehouse project (on Hoke) to satisfy the parking requirement for Brewery Bhavana’s envisioned tap room (among others)

Just the re-zoning will allow them to satisfy the parking requirements to at least open the taproom, I believe. While they do plan to build on it, they wouldn’t have to prior to opening Bhavana 2: Electric Beergaloo.

2 Likes

Thanks - is that word of mouth or do you have a link to share? do you know when they target opening for the tap room?

1 Like

https://www.raleighnc.gov/content/PlanDev/Documents/DevServ/DevPlans/Reviews/2017/SiteReview/SR-094-17.pdf

Found something here

There was an N&O article awhile back where Goodnight talked about the rezoning. I don’t think they said anything definitive about dates just that the move to light industrial would allow them to count the empty lot as parking. Something like that. I’m going off memory so there’s a good chance I’ve mangled some detail or another.

1 Like

I believe this is Z-10-2019
1415 & 1419 S Bloodworth St
South Central CAC

• James Goodnight owner
  • was mention of Brewery Bhavana but not clear if that’s this project
  • this area is targeted for higher density of transit
  • no current plan for what will be there
  • want mixed use to be permitted so they can expand what they’ve already started on that block
3 Likes

Rezoning of this parcel has been approved today. Approved with mix-used conditions.

5 Likes

Will the Electric Beergaloo have break-dancing? I would support this.

1 Like