Capital Square - 320 W. South Street

I like how the parking doesn’t face Dawson at all.

Total height looks to be 213’

6 Likes

13 Likes

While 213’ doesn’t seem like much, given how prominent the Dillon and now even the Pendo tower is coming in from the South side, this would look HUGE coming from that angle.

9 Likes

Some notes on this if you aren’t digging into the PDF yourself.

• 296 dwelling units (201x 1bedroom, 92x 2bedroom, 3x 3bedroom)
  • 396 parking spaces :nauseated_face:
  • the tower would front S. Dawson
  • the (somewhat limited) retail space would front S. Dawson which I find odd but hope it helps slow down the speedway (S. Dawson)

Lenoir St Elevation

South St. Elevation

Dawso St. Elevation

17 Likes

Haha! Seems we’re all digging in and posting bits. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I dug into the PDF and didn’t post…

3 Likes

Not out of the woods yet.

2 Likes

The race is on now. Who will build first? South Street, 400H, or the Raleigh Crossing residential tower.

1 Like

I prefer a tie with them all starting tomorrow. kthx

12 Likes

The elevations look very similar to the Salisbury Square project 2 blocks away. Just without the bend. Also a JDavis project.

10 Likes

I thought that project was dead and just 5 over 1s now?

I could have (hopefully) misunderstood

1 Like

Still more retail than what’s there now, but I would’ve loved to see more retail included, ESPECIALLY some on South St, which is becoming its own little retail strip. Very strange they’d only put retail on the busiest car street the project faces.

6 Likes

It does seem incredibly short sighted to not wrap ground floor retail around two sides of that deck…

4 Likes

I think that’s the Park City something project to the south of this. As far as I’m aware Salisbury Square is still two 20 story towers and 1 parking deck/5 story apartment/hotel project.

4 Likes

You might be thinking of the one across the train tracks?

2 Likes

Yes. Thought that was replacing the towers!

Will be very nice starting to see the footprint of Downtown towers start to swell.

1 Like

Prime example of the common misconception that auto traffic does more for storefront businesses than foot traffic. They probably think they’re going to get more visibility with the retail facing Dawson, but you can’t even park on that side of the building and cars are often going close to 45mph on that stretch. If it were me, I’d be focusing as much retail as I could on South and Lenoir.

11 Likes

That’s one parking space per bedroom + 2. The market for downtown living must really be on roommates rather than families, which I think makes sense. Hopefully the spaces can be converted to the public as this is so close to future BRT transit and Union Station.

11 Likes

I hope this happens! Would extend the skyline to the southeast, add hundreds of new residents, add some retail (too bad not more), and help block the awful self-storage building! Win-win-win-win!

The company has a lot of projects, but I didn’t see any high-rises. They just hired Peter Linneman as an advisor. He is well- known, maybe they are becoming more ambitious.

4 Likes

I guess I’ll have to see it to understand it, but this is where the retail will face for this project. :thinking:

4 Likes