Capital Square - 320 W. South Street

Knowing TBJ, this is probably just referring to the rezoning request that was submitted then pulled (I believe?) a year and a half ago in lieu of just renovating the existing structures. Perhaps there’s movement there now, but nothing that’s been on our radar.

4 Likes

FWIW the link it sent for that address was from 2019 so that is probably right.

2 Likes

If this and other projects listed in TBJ article are all built, will have huge impact on the “money shot” coming into downtown from south !! :camera_flash:

4 Likes

" We do expect to deliver the project, as I said, groundbreaking is official in April of next year 2022, with the delivery date of June 30th of 2024. "

18 Likes

Some screenshots of the renderings…

31 Likes

I like this a lot!!! Very different compared to anything else in the skyline

8 Likes

It’s really nice. I wonder if it’ll feel isolated at all since it’s sort of on an island of sorts as far as tall buildings go.
I wish we could get some uniquely shaped towers on some of these lots

10 Likes

Forgot a big one that totally needs to be redeveloped with towers, including lots of new public housing.

9 Likes

from ~2+ years ago so :man_shrugging:

now seems to be this on their site…

3 Likes

I’m gonna have to ask you to remove that top left triangle. I have concerns with shadows. Kthx.
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I really like this! Great look on the front that is different than anything we currently have, and as I mention every time I comment, I’m so happy it will be blocking the awful storage building!

I hope it does well. It is close to stuff, but also feels a bit like it’s on an island, especially for such a tall building. It will really stretch the footprint of downtown.

Now that it seems real, this is one of the projects I’m looking forward to the most!

7 Likes

haha so my 100-story proposal won’t fly?

4 Likes

New very detailed renderings in the recent paperwork. Have a look:

Funny how it’s technically about 21 stories as the roof parapet is a faux floor.

32 Likes

I am loving the creative license with renderings lately. Big Vibez.

7 Likes

Not horrible, but why so busy??

In case you had $100,000+ burning a hole in your (apparently very ample) pocketbook, the offering is on the developer’s website now.

2 Likes

LOVE LOVE LOVE that the parking deck is 90% hidden from sight!!!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but based on those filings, I think the height will be 212 feet. It looks like ground Elevation is 285 feet, and the roof is at 497 feet.

So this will be comparable in height to the Marriott (203) and the Sheraton (215). Charter Square south (the shorter one), one Hannover square, and the wake county justice center are all 215, per Wikipedia.

5 Likes

Certainly not the most important part of these plans, but all these high rises creating a canyon for the railroad to go through is pretty cool.

8 Likes

I gotta say, this might be my favorite recent rendering to come out for a future project. Even more so than RUSBus, though that one still wins due to the height/multi-use factor