Future Residential Project on the Former Edison Office Tower Site

The way that projects are on a rolling schedule, with some launching as others finish, I am not sure exactly what sort of action would excite anyone on this community board???
There are a lot of projects that have happened or are soon to happen.

1. The Warehouse District has seen the completion of Union Station, The Dillon, & MSFH in the last year-ish. The BRT mixed use project is on the horizon as is the project on the CAM block.
  2. Site 83 is in full swing with the second “tower” launching that will transform the very south end of Glenwood.
  3. Smok(e)y Hollow and the north end of DT is a really big deal. With the addition of a possible 40 story tower in phase 3 and a possible phase 4 + the parcel across Capital, and Devereux Meadows, that’s a huge transformation over the next few years.
  4. The east side of downtown is seeing massive transformation of its urban neighborhood with infusion of new housing and Transfer Co.
  5. Seaboard is about to go under its own transformation soon as indicated by legacy businesses closing there.
  6. In a few days, Kane and Malik will announce their plans for a large transformational development on downtown’s south side to include a new soccer stadium worthy of a MLS team.
    The aforementioned doesn’t even include Edison, 401H, the city’s municipal campus, the new hotels announced, the N&O site, S. Kane’s project across the tracks from Union Station, or a host of other smaller residential projects around downtown that are happening or are slated for the future. What exactly is the expectation here?
    Frankly, I think that Smok(e)y Hollow is going to be a real trigger for downtown. It’s going to transform the daily experience of living in the greater Glenwood South neighborhood and provide a roadmap for the creation of more 18 hour urban neighborhoods.
    Barring a significant recession in the near future, I expect to see a lot out of the next 5 years.
    Glass half full here.
15 Likes