General Retail/Restaurant News

With it slated to be demolished, this is but a temporary bar.

1 Like

Yes, but they can make plenty of money in the 2-3 years leading up to that.

1 Like

And if they establish themselves maybe move into the newly configured building or something nearby.

1 Like

Let me know the schedule!
:raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Just rode by Burial. The expansion looks open. Going back to check it out later today.

7 Likes

Vita Vite lovers, they’re reopening the downtown location off Hargett Wednesday at 5p! So happy for them to reopen!

11 Likes

Aw man I’m happy about this. We used to go there on our downtown walks!

2 Likes

I am coming to Raleigh wood next Saturday to see my folks. Burial is one of my dad’s favorite beers, and has not been to their tap room, so that is on the list for Sunday or Monday. There is actually a long list of places I want to take him (he likes beer too) but I am wondering how much walking I can ask a 78 yro to do, lol. I might need a couple drinking buddies Monday & Tuesday afternoon/evening. Holler if anyone is interested.

6 Likes

I drove by Deco yesterday on Salisbury St and it looks like they’re closed for renovations. According to the website it might be at least April before in-store shopping returns, but in the meantime you can still shop online.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to come grab a drink!

2 Likes

@pBeez let me know your plans and I’ll try to come join you.

3 Likes

@pBeez Same! I’d be there with @GucciLittlePig

3 Likes

Liverpool plays at 4pm on Monday, so my fiancee and I will be at London bridge for the match

2 Likes

sorry @JoeZ, I arrive next week! Enjoy the match though!

1 Like

I think @OakCityKarla and I might be down as well!

3 Likes

could I come please?

1 Like

Sorry I wasn’t at the clusterf**k of Glenwood South this weekend. Not to mention the Covid spike that I’m sure is coming from this kind of thing. But silver lining, it’s kind of nice to see a little return to normal. The last time I was on Glenwood for St Patrick’s Day festivities I saw a hammered guy try to fight a bouncer at Hibernian at like 2pm and get tackled and arrested by 3 cops. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

well what else is there to do at this glenn wood south-I mean it’s a dirty few bars like college and guys start fights, we’ve all been there yadadadad…of course.

But I do like the new things they are building that you are sharing, off of glenn wood, so I’m optimistic a little

…a year’s worth of pent up testosterone, I suppose?

2 Likes

Some friends were in town from New Bern and we ate at Cortez Saturday night. Cortez is fantastic, by the way, and Glenwood was nuts! It was fun explaining to them that we weren’t really “downtown”, in terms of “where the tall buildings are”, but with all the recent developments around that area it felt like we were in the heart of the city. Was interesting experiencing it through an outsider’s perspective, and it felt like a bustling large city.

6 Likes