IBM acquiring Red Hat, future plans

As in “your” word?
“Word” on the street?
Some “word” on social media?
:sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

Word.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

The most reliable source that I know says that’s not happening. Everyone can go back to their regular programming.

“Stuff” is coming off the roof. I’ll throw the drone up tomorrow/Sunday and see what’s up (or down).

4 Likes

For those concerned about the roof.

20 Likes

Looks like a roof system replacement project. Must’ve had issues/leaks since typically the goal is to get 20+ years of life out of a properly installed/maintained roof. (this building is only 16 years old?)

I don’t see any bundles of new insulation boards loaded to the roof yet in the photos but it does look like trash bags of old insulation and the new rolls of membrane… so they might be going back with an IRMA roof system … which could lend itself to a potential vegetated roof covering. Just an observation.

5 Likes

That would be super cool! If anyone on the forum had intel as to when they finish, I’ll ask my friend to get some more shots. :grin:

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but I stopped in Sosta yesterday.

Jeromes business is really hurting. His business is not a restaurant that’s open in the evening and he’s been heavily reliant on “business lunches” especially from Red Hat.

Sosta has great coffee and great food for lunch so if you get a chance to support a local business in need, please stop by and grab a coffee or lunch and help out one of Downtowns great coffee shops!!!

12 Likes

I wonder why he wouldn’t consider staying open later though… I love a good sandwich for dinner, too.

I love Sosta and Jerome is wonderful. I think I’ll grab a sandwich tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

Way back in the thread, I saw something about closing a street and having tables in the street.

That stretch of Davie would be a decent candidate. Sir Aalter, Oak City Meatballs, Sosta, Amorino.

5 Likes

Don’t forget Reuben’s, too.

2 Likes

Raleigh native Whitehurst stepping down at IBM/Red Hat.

Leadership is now NYC-based.