NCAE "block" - Salisbury Square

I find it interesting that the literature does not mention the school.

Last I heard Exploris was pursuing litigation against the developers for their failure to construct the building as originally planned:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article245497395.html

Haven’t seen any update since then, so probably this one won’t be happening as originally planned for awhile.

1 Like

WRAL says Dominion intends to break ground on Phase 1 of the NCAE project (a 20 story residential tower and presumably the parking garage) in May. It’s not immediately clear which tower is phase one, but it may be on the ASR documents. Realty group plans to build two 20-story towers in downtown Raleigh :: WRAL.com

16 Likes

I think the north tower is designed with the two bottom floors to be used as office space but the south tower does not appear to have office space.

1 Like

This is interesting; I don’t recall hearing that they have a tenant lined up:

The phase-one tower is also set to become Dogwood State Bank’s headquarters.

“Dogwood was founded on the philosophy of providing first-class customer and employee experiences in all facets of our company,” Dogwood State Bank CEO Steve Jones said. “Being a part of the growth of downtown Raleigh while contributing to its vibrancy and progression highlights our continued focus on creating those experiences.”

18 Likes

It’s an okay bank it doesn’t have a Wikipedia page so it isn’t nationally or internationally known but maybe it could be Raleigh’s Bank of America.

1 Like

True. Dogwood is only $1.49 Trillion Aum short. They might catch BofA soon.

1 Like

It looks like this will begin construction in May and have already announced a new tenant with Raleigh’s Dogwood State Bank. Phase 1 contains the 20 story building with office, 304 apartments as well as the 4 story multifamily structure wrapping the parking deck, with a Spring 2024 completion.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/03/14/salisbury-square-dogwood-state-bank.html?utm_source=st

By the time July and August roll around in mid summer, there is going to be a very active downtown construction presence

41 Likes

Great news, another project to be built Downtown, looking forward to seeing these towers get built, then maybe, maybe we can see the site 2 and 3 across from the residents inn and RCC.

3 Likes

Sorry, which of the two towers is going up in phase one?

1 Like

Per TBJ, Phase 1 is North tower with the office portion + parking garage with wrapped apartments

3 Likes

Tower 1 :

24 Likes

TBJ posted an article today with an interview from the CEO of Dogwood. They also provided an updated rendering with their logo on top of Tower 1:

"“We’re excited about the brand exposure, for sure,” he said. “It’s just such a perfect gateway in the City of Raleigh.” "

-The CEO had a choice and he decided on downtown instead of that experimental car park at North Hills.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/03/15/dogwood-state-bank-ceo-talks-new-headquarters.html

32 Likes

MAN, this is really going to expand the downtown footprint!!!

4 Likes

The residence inn rooftop will FINALLY have a city view haha

10 Likes

Just from this image, we can see the location of the future 320 South St apartment tower (far right, in front of the brick Storage facility building) - HUGE skyline expansion coming soon

10 Likes

I’m getting a nice commie block 60s office tower vibe and i’m diggin it.

1 Like

Salisbury Square in the “money shot.” The height of the north tower seems to be exaggerated relative to the buildings on Fayetteville St.

32 Likes

Ehh, it may not be exaggerated. I think it’s really that much closer from that spot

3 Likes

I haven’t seen this mentioned once but I’ll break the ice, all this proposed development is so great and exciting but in the current times with the economy, a recession is all but guaranteed. Sucks but it’s cold hard truth. Hopefully this area isn’t really effected too hard, my line of work in valves development being a land surveyor so yeah. Sorry to burst any bubbles

3 Likes