Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

2 Likes

Even if the list does not make a lot of sense at last the Triangle area got 2 listings.

3 Likes

State getting singled out for its tranquil green spaces was intriguing. Maybe they thought Pullen was part of the campus.

Shout out to my alma mater which shoulda made the list, College of Charleston.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Videos of downtown Raleigh

I love State’s campus, but beauty is not my first description. Although the older section near the Bell Tower and The Court of Carolinas does have charm.

University of Richmond, while technically inside the city limits of Richmond, may be the furthest thing from an urban campus. It is a bucolic setting with a lake.

4 Likes

Also, where is UNC Chapel Hill on the list? It might not be considered urban, but it does take up a significant part of Chapel Hill. It is a beautiful campus.

4 Likes

Chapel Hill is not urban. But neither is Boulder, and CU Boulder made the list.

2 Likes

Chapel Hill and Boulder are as urban as anything else in the US, just on a smaller scale. Both have stronger downtowns than cities with 200k populations out there.

7 Likes

I wonder if there was a population threshold for “urban” consideration? Boulder is just over 100,000.

1 Like

Bring back left wing right wing, that was beautiful and the best wings Raleigh ever had.

3 Likes

@OakCityKarla makes some mean wings! :yum:

1 Like

3 cranes in one shot.

23 Likes

Of downtown Raleigh, but located in Bru’s by PNC Arena

16 Likes

That’s an awesome portrayal of Raleigh in lights! Love it.

1 Like

Photo credit to twitter user below:

Dead from Downtown Raleigh.

It’s Monday Morning Dead! pic.twitter.com/S9wGzYBnCV

— Uncle Doc (@uncledocscards) February 14, 2022
17 Likes

Listen…I know I am in the minority, but I love Halifax Mall. If the buildings had better street presence and maybe some cafes, this could really be something. Also add in some seating…ugh so much potential.

25 Likes

It always surprises me when I go over there with my dog on a bright, sunny day on a weekend and I’m the only one there.

9 Likes

I didn’t even know this place excited until after two years of living in downtown Raleigh. It’s such a great spot and nobody even knows about it. Would be incredible to get the ground floor activated in these buildings. Also shocked we don’t do big food truck rodeos and other festivals here, why is Halifax Mall not really used? I don’t get it.

3 Likes

One reason is because it is technically the roof of a much larger parking deck. The Salisbury Street side is higher than street level, while the Wilmington Street side is at street level. It’s a weird configuration. It’s surprising that the buildings basically treat Salisbury as their loading dock too.

3 Likes

Agreed, it is a nice spot in downtown. Unfortunately though it is surrounded by gov agencies that will not really develop or grow the area. Would be awesome if there was a little more mix of housing and food/drink options built around it.

6 Likes