Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

This was from last year. Same pic I used for the MeetUp for DTRaleigh. @dtraleigh should be sharing soon if he hasn’t already and I missed it.

11 Likes

From the Holy Name Of Jesus Cathedral

17 Likes

You guys all do awesome with your creative angles and composition. Nicely done everyone.

9 Likes

What is the construction right in the foreground?

3 Likes

“Old” folks home
https://www.liveoverture.com/communities/raleigh-centennial/?utm_source=GoogleLocalListing&utm_medium=organic

4 Likes

Oh, I hadn’t realized Overture was 55+. I figured it was another matchstick student apartment complex.

1 Like

Lol. Senior housing with “over” in the name. Game over.

1 Like

Over the hill? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(It is on a hill, for what it’s worth)

2 Likes

12 Likes

Where’d you get that? They kinda messed up/mixed up the Century Post office color

2 Likes

Did you take that phone yourself?
…sarcasm alert

Morning run at Dix Park

16 Likes

Cool shot! The way you framed it reminds me of the iconic shot of San Francisco. Very nice!sanfran

12 Likes

South Street townhomes really adding to the layers here

7 Likes

Yeah the Fairweather and the South Street Condos (should they ever actually start construction) should add even more. And they’ll still be visible ones the trees fill in I believe whereas Dorthea Gardens will get covered up a bit.

1 Like

Monday is the big day for the Fairweather! You guys are going to get sick of my progress photos for that project. Unfortunately I’m not here Monday to get the first dig pics. They’ll be removing a good amount of earth level with the West St. side for the first floor parking deck up to Harrington.

3 Likes

Raleigh’s skyline is growing!

Saw this from @maptastik on Twitter and wanted to share. It is an aerial map from 1981 laid over 2017. You can scroll back and forth. http://maptastikdev.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StorytellingSwipe/index.html?appid=890e378714ad41bdbe8b8ff3fdf3f9e2

I have not explored to much around, but I noticed that Raleigh Blvd, does not go south of New Bern and MLK does not go east of downtown. Really interesting stuff.

5 Likes

I’d love to have a home at Hargett Place.

The views!

22 Likes

Wow that’s nice…