Raleigh and Statistical Area Population

It’s also incredibly boring. :nerd_face:
:grin:

not if you are an amateur data nerd like me.

6 Likes

Boring…?

OMG…It is a passion for me… :star_struck:

I once dated a guy who was getting his masters degree in Applied Statistics from the Univ of Mich and although I was not enrolled, I took the class right along with him (except for the actual test & credits) all as if I were there…Love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

LOL we all have these things. My gf and I were probably boring my mom and her bf to tears this weekend showing them around all of our favorite projects and places in downtown Raleigh and Durham (he’d never been here). Meanwhile we’re both just geeking out the whole time

:smile:

9 Likes

I wonder when Raleigh will annex Cary and Garner :thinking:

Ha Ha…never…Lol :rofl: :joy:

Although, I sure wish they could :upside_down_face:

I was going to say Cary would never allow it. But if perhaps we called them their own borough, they might more readily accept it.

1 Like

Wake Forest could be annexed!!! Raleigh was too passive about them!!!

I’m just hoping Durham-Chapel Hill MSA merges with the Raleigh-Cary MSA!!!

1 Like

Seems like most of Wake Forest is already part of Raleigh if you think about it.

1 Like

True dat. Raleigh annexed a lot of land going north, that could have easily been annexed by Wake Forest.

Most of Wakefield was supposed to be in Wake Forest but they were incapable of providing the water and sewage necessary for such a massive development. So it was ceded over to Raleigh.

2 Likes

Yep I went to Wakefield Elementary/Middle and High School in/and out (But spent full term all 4 years at the High School) on the address went they sent letters home, it’s said Raleigh, North Carolina as the city!!!

It is interesting to note that North Carolina is projected to gain another congressional seat with this census count is released. We are growing faster than most states.

Texas could gain three seats. Florida could gain two seats. North Carolina, Arizona, Colorado, Montana, and Oregon could each gain one.

California, Alabama, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and West Virginia could each lose a seat.

7 Likes

Cool update. :+1: May I ask where you found this…? :thinking:

1 Like
3 Likes

We were poised to gain one last decade, but I believe Utah jumped us once the final numbers came in. This seat is a long time coming.

3 Likes

This is true. GA got theirs and NC was left wanting. Though the two states are neck and neck in population, GA has been sending one more representative to congress and has had one more electoral vote for most of the last decade. With NC passing MI, one could say that we are getting one of their electoral votes.

I don’t know of anywhere that gives estimates for population broken down that precisely, but there’s data available on the city’s Open Data site that might give you an idea for which areas are growing the fastest. For example, here is a heatmap of where there were applications submitted to build new housing units over the past 2 years.

1 Like

Two decades ago we got an additional rep over Utah. So, they got theirs 10 years later.

3 Likes