Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

Ale House on Glenwood South is closing down Tucker St. For the Hurricanes first playoff game.
They will have the game on projection screen outside and $3 Labatt drafts.

7 Likes

Three dollar beers. Seems like a good price. I guess I need to get our more :smile:

If my allergies weren’t so bad today I would get out for that

Mmmm. I think I’ll go!

Huge win tonight. Complete sell-out.

22 Likes

The crowd was so electric! Great game!

5 Likes

Possibly the most dominant Canes game ever!

8 Likes

Awesome game!

I also ran across renderings of the new scoreboard they’re Installing over the off season. Pretty sweet, but a little busy.

3 Likes

1st home playoff game since '09! 5-0 Canes blowout.

Can the they bring a second professional championship back to Raleigh?

8 Likes

I sure hope so ! Would love to see a Canes Parade down Fayetteville St. & then
watch it on the national news coverage .

5 Likes

A long way to go. Last night was impressive. But they dropped two Games in DC. Hopefully this was a turning point game for them in the series.

8 Likes

I may have to make it out to Brewgaloo. Should be a blast. I wish I lived in downtown; wouldn’t have to Uber in.

2 Likes

You can fix that!! Lots available.

1 Like

You need to find a friend with benefits…meaning a couch to surf on weekends! :wink:

3 Likes

An update on MLS expansion plans: now planning to expand to 30 teams. 27 already exist or have been awarded franchises. Sacramento and St. Louis are in exclusive talk with the league to become teams 28 and 29. They will be paying a fee of $200 million. The league president said that they will “take their time” deciding on team 30. Would have to expect the franchise fee by then to approach/surpass $250 million.

6 Likes

Well that’s interesting. Seems like Raleigh would have a really good shot at winning a team if Malik and Kane get this stadium going.

3 Likes

The quote below shows the importance of the funding and financials that are needed to secure a franchise.

“No decisions on expansion markets were finalized, but Sacramento and St. Louis appear to have a leg up on the competition as they’ve been asked to make formal presentations to the MLS Expansion Committee “to address each bid’s final stadium plan, corporate commitments, the composition of the respective ownership groups, detailed economics on funding, strategic plans for fan development, commitments on player development and details on community programs,” MLS officials said in a news release.”

1 Like

One step closer to the cup!

5 Likes

Thanks for the quote. Here is the coverage from NYtimes:

Timing is great for Kane/Malik to have the expansion announcement to 30 teams now bolstering their case for Penmarc!

4 Likes

Sadly, I have reached my limit…:frowning_face:
Beyond the 30 teams, anything else that the article shed light on?
Please and thank you! :grinning: