South Street area Condos and Townhomes

…and it’s totally uninspiring to boot.

1 Like

I like it! Would be a good addition! (if it happens)

Reminds me of the 555 Mangum in Durham which I think turned out pretty good.

3 Likes

I love the look but WTF is the point of rezoning to 40 stories just to build a 20 story box? I have a feeling this is an old proposal. Would love this exact building but with an added 15-20 stories of that top section.

1 Like

Because zoning always sets maximum limits (and almost never sets minimum limits), and rezoning costs the same regardless of what you ask for.

If you walk into the supermarket and have no idea how much you’re going to buy, wouldn’t you grab a cart rather than a basket? Same amount of effort.

(OK, zoning usually sets maximum limits on building sizes, and minimums on parking lots. The entire structure of it is anti-people and pro-car.)

A cart is less effort because it rolls and you can lean on it.
:rofl: :shopping_cart:

6 Likes

Article in biz journal about the Lynde. Downplayed the sale of the entire project. Says 8 are under contract and need 12 to start construction. Developer adamant it will get built. Still seems a little shady.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Looks like 9 have now sold. Three more to go.

7 Likes

And they want 12 sold to get started. Thanks for this!

1 Like

Also saw they have an Instagram account, and recently posted a little walkthrough video.
https://www.instagram.com/hartwellraleigh/

5 Likes

They mention wanting to complete this project in June/July. Pretty quick turnaround. Hopefully the Lynde gets a few more buyers and that project finally kicks off. Excited to see how this area shapes out over the next few years.

5 Likes

The Hartwell has updated their website with a rendering. Also says they will be holding outdoor happy hour retail markets starting July 1st.

11 Likes

They just posted this as well.

2 Likes

Also on their story, they are investing a good amount into this development.

2 Likes

Rendering on the Cline Design website for the 8 townhome project at 611 S. West St.

33 Likes

The Self Storage behemoth is missing from the rendering. :wink:

8 Likes

At 3 stories, these will probably be a lil taller than the townhomes across the street (by 1 floor) and thus, the storage facility should be pretty much hidden behind these when looking at them from West St! Fingers cross, at least. This will make the area even more activated than it already is. Love this part of town.

3 Likes

Not sure what’s going on at the corner of West and Lenoir but new tractors and a crew of workers from Precision Earth & Pipe showed up this morning. Could be for this lot?

I’ll keep an eye out to see where they start working.

2 Likes

False alarm. Drain/utility work.

2 Likes

Chappell Res instagram post says 10 sold now at the Lynde.

3 Likes