South Street area Condos and Townhomes

Wait a second. . . looking at the existing town homes, are those . . . SHADOWS??? :fearful:**

4 Likes

Nice drumming reference :drum:

3 Likes

I thought SVP was referring to 4 speed stick shift - known as “4 on floor” also connected to going really fast.

7 Likes

Street level perspective for the Dukes at City View facing West Street. BTW the contractors are even working today…
IMG_7175

21 Likes

Getting paid by the productivity, not the hour… the more work the more moniess

3 Likes

Feel free to move if there’s a better thread for this.

Watching the rezoning for the former Lynde pit. One neighbor from generally nearby but not an adjacent property owner wants 2 or 3 car per unit parking minimums. Sigh. And surprise, Cox is opposed to the rezoning because some grumpy people in Boylan Heights signed a petition.

I could watch Melton all day, BTW

Glad to see this finally approved.

https://community.dtraleigh.com/t/the-raleigh-wire-service/748/1973

16 Likes

Out of curiosity, why do they want high parking minimums? You’d think a big parking pedestal and more traffic would be negatives.

Or do they think low minimums means people living in/using the building will park on the street?

1 Like

He is concerned people will park in his neighborhood because there won’t be enough space in the apartment building. He also wants to stress that he wants something there, but something that doesn’t generate traffic or parking, like a 1 story coffee shop. I had to tie my hands down so I wouldn’t keep facepalming every time he spoke.

They have 1 spot per unit in 2 levels of parking, 1 below ground. In his mind every resident will need their own car, so it could be 2 cars per unit if there’s 2 people living there. I would argue that, as someone who lives in a 2 person 2 car household, I wouldn’t move to those apartments because they’re not set up for me. The people choosing to live there presumably would be fine with 1 car, since they can walk or bike most places, and that’s who this is designed for.

10 Likes

i think there it was mentioned that various neighborhood permitting could stop non boylan resident parking…renewing every year doesn’t seem much a hassle to me. neighborhoods across from Millbrook high did this in the 80s to keep some students from street parking.

3 Likes

Neighborhood zone parking is totally an answer to the problem. Zone it so that only folks who live there can park. Better yet, call his bluff. Make all of his neighborhood a no parking zone so that even he can’t park on the street! See what he’d do then.

10 Likes

i belive the issue was that boylan parked on the street because the houses there ‘mostly’ didn’t have driveways and didn’t desire overflow parking from a city ‘minimum’ issue from nearby project. that was my understanding from the comments. seems reasonable to me if true based on existing boylan realities.

1 Like

the massing image. seems reasonable. source: N&O

18 Likes

But LOOK AT ALL THOSE SHADOWS!!!

They should cut down all the trees and have no buildings anywhere near the perimeter of Boylan Heights. It would be protected from all outside influences by an uncrossable desert on all sides!

:desert:

6 Likes

A little hop scotch of some sort planned on W Lenoir.

6 Likes

I just wish these were still going to be condos instead of more apartments…

4 Likes

Yeah, cut down those trees! Too much shadow!!!

Nice. Hurry up and FILL THAT PIT!

1 Like

It’s a twofer post this morning. Crane on Lenior for my crane loving friends. And an update on the TH construction.

24 Likes

I think that the townhouses across the street are going to have height envy.

4 Likes