Tempo by Hilton Hotel & Homewood Suites

You hit it on the head. I swear I hate this design more and more every time I see it. I should’ve never seen the original rendering w/ the curved glass edge :man_facepalming:t5:

4 Likes

For hotel employees, that could open a whole can of worms, lol.

2 Likes

Imagine a rooftop Chick-fil-A with a bar that was open all week. Completely breaks their business model, but it would be a gem for downtown! :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Virgin-coladas for everyone!!

4 Likes

I assume because its on the edge of the warehouse district they wanted a brick? But man, if you slap a Residence Inn sign on its the same architect.

1 Like

Well they got two more shots on this row to develop an aesthetically pleasing, non Chik-fil-A, looking hotel on the Firestone lot or the Nash Square lot (assuming they’re both going to be hotels)

:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

To be fair, it’s the Red logo that really hits that sweet chicken button.

1 Like

Also, this is not the original rendering. The first iteration had a lovely curved corner – the only interesting thing about the otherwise suburban design. Now this is more of a brick and EFIS building. The proportions are fine, I guess.

I’m wary that the view we are seeing in this rendering is going to leave the backside very visible.

2 Likes

Here’s the first rendering that me, @NYCRDU, and @evan.j.bost (i’m assuming) preferred, for reference:

10 Likes

I absolutely preferred that one, too. But it is what it is, and we can’t change it, so I’m just going to look forward to more hotel rooms for downtown, a new brand for downtown, and something that isn’t a decrepit building and surface lot.

10 Likes

https://www.cnhotels.net/hotels#tab1default

Here’s a link to the developers page. Currently shows the project as Under Construction*.

Still the same rendering as well :neutral_face:.

9 Likes

I love how Columbia gets a better design version of practically same brand😑 Developers must think we like old Country Buffett style buildings only. Although the first rendering we got with the curve glass would of made me excited for the project BUT it’s never to late for updated design since it’s not built yet

4 Likes

Ehh, Columbia version will not age well. Even more stucco than Raleigh version.

7 Likes

Not a fan of the Columbia design. Looks like something you could build beside Triangle Town Center Mall.

12 Likes

Blahhhhh, not the best but whatever

The latest design looks like a twin of the West Apartments. LOL. First design was light years better.

2 Likes

It looks like it’s the brand… Pretty much all their designs in America look like the typical hotel close to an interstate…
The only one that looks modern to me is the one the chain has in Hong Kong:

10 Likes

Yes. Yes. Yes. ^This perfectly describes my frustration.

8 Likes

Washington DC version

24 Likes

Now this looks nice. Wouldn’t even mind a carbon-copy of that here…

6 Likes