Tempo by Hilton Hotel & Homewood Suites

I believe it is some serious misshelving. That can take a long time to fix. Never reshelve yourself people, leave it to the pros!!

1 Like

A couple of early evening shots from my walk today.

32 Likes

I’ll take THIS over the Willard street presence 8 days a week. This building is turning out to be worth the wait

12 Likes

Yeah this is EASILY the fanciest/most inviting hotel lobby in all of downtown already, and it’s not even close to being complete. I’m really hoping they get a nice little cafe in this lobby that’s open to the public, would be a great place to grab an espresso and a muffin.

12 Likes

Or, if you’re lucky, a perfectly priced breakfast sandwich. :wink:

3 Likes

Wasn’t dark enough to really tell, but they were messing around with the uplighting on the side of the building when I walked by earlier. The large windows definitely gives it a nice street presence. Still couldn’t tell if it was actual books or wallpaper.

25 Likes

It’s wallpaper. Go to the job fair and find out for yourself!

1 Like

Ok so most of these are through a window with a lot of glare. I did the best I could to cut that down and did some cropping. Key takeaways: the flat librarian has a flat customer reading, there’s bump-out books to help with the illusion, and the little place next door is coming along and has a new façade.

26 Likes

Without a single doubt, the nicest hotel lobby in the entire city, maybe the triangle (?). On par with the Durham Hotel if not better.

5 Likes

I agree!! Drove by there and felt like I was in Manhattan or something. Upscale for sure. I hope it puts pressure for more of the same.

5 Likes

If we’re going to talk caliber of materials used, tough to beat ths Umstead.

1 Like

Umstead Hotel & Spa has entered the chat

Tempo really IS a nice downtown Raleigh hotel

10 Likes

Ok I should clarify - nicest hotel lobby in a downtown area in the Triangle haha

3 Likes

There we go talking about Cary again :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Heights House in Boylan seems nice

21 Likes

Ok I should clarify - nicest corporate hotel lobby in a downtown area in the Triangle haha (haha!!)

11 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Downtown hotels

I wanted to highlight Leo’s nice exterior shot on the main blog https://dtraleigh.com/ and also point out that they’re accepting reservations starting in January. Maybe they could accommodate a January meetup for us!

4 Likes

I don’t self-promote that well at all.

https://dtraleigh.com/2024/10/pic-of-the-week-336/

17 Likes

Leo - perhaps a new discussion thread “Raleigh Connoisseur blog posts” where you just post the links to new blog posts?? That way we’ll all see them immediately when you share them!

9 Likes